Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oliver Kapanen

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Roy is the most underrated prospect we have. I think it's crazy to call him a middle 6 player. The guy demolished the QMJHL, had a productive rookie year in the AHL (even if he was inconsistent), and frankly was our best player on the 2nd line in the NHL when he got placed there. People talk nonstop about Hutson's 2 games and Mailloux's 1 game but ignore the long stretch where Roy was driving the 2nd line for a while. I get it, it's the shiny toy effect. Some people still think Dach is better than Suzuki after some preseason games lol.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Mailloux.

His absolute upside is bananas. Hage, Fowler and Roy are not “off the reservation” picks at this spot though.

Add Koivu

Roy is the most underrated prospect we have. I think it's crazy to call him a middle 6 player. The guy demolished the QMJHL, had a productive rookie year in the AHL (even if he was inconsistent), and frankly was our best player on the 2nd line in the NHL when he got placed there. People talk nonstop about Hutson's 2 games and Mailloux's 1 game but ignore the long stretch where Roy was driving the 2nd line for a while. I get it, it's the shiny toy effect. Some people still think Dach is better than Suzuki after some preseason games lol.

Roy has completely fallen off the radar for some people since his late season injury and the offseason.

He has a legitimate shot to be a 60-pt two-way winger. His work along the boards is excellent for a young player.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Owen Beck respectors club; 2

@Team_Spirit @Bombshell11

Now 8, trending up.

73c.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Oof.

I am not even sure Roy is part of this team long term.

He is at best our 6th best forward and that is if he can surpass the likes of Newhook and Hage which is dubious at best (Demidov, Slaf, Suzuki, Caufield, Dach).

So we are looking at our 6th-8th best forward barring any acquisition and i believe management will look into player that bring something else to the table. Roy is not bad but i am not sure he is a good constituent behind the players we already have, compared to the likes of Florian Xhekaj or Owen Beck, for example.

In his D+4, if Roy can't establish himself this season, he will be full speed on the Charles Hudon highway, close to the Scherbak exit.

If Roy develops into what we think he can, I don't think he's the type you can dispense very easily.

He could be a pretty versatile guys that fits on all sorts of lines, and can play special teams.

He did not make me think of Hudon when I saw him come up. The injury was very unfortunate though.

Reactions: Jaynki and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If Roy develops into what we think he can, I don't think he's the type you can dispense very easily.

He could be a pretty versatile guys that fits on all sorts of lines, and can play special teams.

He did not make me think of Hudon when I saw him come up. The injury was very unfortunate though.
I expect Roy to be the surprise of camp. That 23 game look he got is going to do wonders for him. Don't underestimate players with IQ like Roy possesses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad