GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
yeah idk if Sprong or JVR move the needle for our middle six. i wouldn’t mind Tank, but ideally would be great to have someone who can take some shifts at center.

I agree, but they would also provide depth which we do need.

I honestly would have gave Boqvist what Florida gave him pretty easily, but Fitz seemed very over him when he left and he probably had no interest in coming back here

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Wow. Oilers get the best value of the day with Henrique at 2yrs $3m aav. Crazy.

Shocked no one offered 3x$4. Have to think that's the case since report earlier said Henrique was good with Oilers' term but not AAV (doubt it was originally even less). So it's likely no one offered materially more than that to offset leaving the Oilers? Wild.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If that's all it took to get Henrique back to Edmonton and he turned down more elsewhere, why wasn't this done already? The Oilers were really being that cheap they weren't even offering two years or three million per?

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
the-sopranos-tony-soprano.gif

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
If that's all it took to get Henrique back to Edmonton and he turned down more elsewhere, why wasn't this done already? The Oilers were really being that cheap they weren't even offering two years or three million per?
Unless it was Rico who just wanted to see how much more he could get or what was out there first.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If Edmonton's next GM is half as competent as Jackson, McD and Drai aren't leaving.

I miss Rico and would've been fine with that deal as a stop-gap. To quote Banshees of Inisherin: "Well, there goes that dream."

Reactions: glenwo2

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I agree, but they would also provide depth which we do need.

I honestly would have gave Boqvist what Florida gave him pretty easily, but Fitz seemed very over him when he left and he probably had no interest in coming back here

He actively dislikes Boqvist from the looks of it. Guys get in his doghouse and they are screwed. Rango, Boqvist, Holtz. I mean, he literally came out and said he traded for Kahk but had no interest in him :laugh:

Boqvist should have never left and I was always very skeptical of the Rango deal. I saw the logic, I just didn't like it. But once Fitz wants you gone, there is nothing you can do. You're a goner.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
I think Fitz finds a solid top 6er via trade this summer
That really clogs up the cap and roster though - by going a cheaper and shorter route (if possible) with Tarasenko or Sprong we save assets and space for future moves

We dont want to lock ourselves into a roster now and find out the offense needs changing and everyone has longterm deals

After this season alone we need to lose Palat at minimum to pay Luke, when you add in the eventual cap increase; wouldnt be surprised if Siegenthaler is also gone next year for a cheaper bottom-pair option if Dillon proves worthy

Edit: id rather use future picks on a middle-6er with maybe two years term if Tarasenko or Sprong arent available

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Dumping palat along with cap increase should be about

10.5 mil in space which will be plenty to absorb Luke’s raise

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Dumping palat along with cap increase should be about

10.5 mil in space which will be plenty to absorb Luke’s raise
Yeah I only threw in the Siegenthaler suggestion if the team did need extra cap for other reasons, since we could internally replace that third pair or find a cheap veteran

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Sprong’s not remotely a top six winger, he’s a 4th liner with some pop and speed.

4th liner with 40+ points the last two season and 21 and 18 goals in those seasons. Maybe a 3rd liner fine, which at this point you take and see if you can make someone work on the wing with Jack. Those two seasons were on Seattle and the Red Wings not exactly super strong teams. Id be willing to bet IF he can work, Jack would be his best center hes played with in a while.

Its it a reach maybe but it would be cheap so why not. If you can find a trade.

Its better then nothing doesnt work he is a depth player who is scratched.

Also if i recall he has a pretty good shootout record.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad