GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
This is true but at some point the house is going to come down. You can only nickel and dime for so long

Lost:
Pesce
Skej
Turbo
Noesen
Guentzel

On top of already shaky goaltending

That’s tough

Edit:

Add ghostibher

I wouldn't be overly concerned. They became successful leveraging cap strapped teams for cheap talent.

Losing those guys created a lot of cap space while a bunch of teams just went wild in free agency and now need to clear space.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Ghost was quite good last year, I thought. Savvy signing by Carolina

He's a bit Jekyll and Hyde. He's fine in a loose environment with low expectations where he can free wheel and improvise. The one time he had to play with structure and discipline in Carolina he did much less from an offensive standpoint. He's probably fully matured his game but he's likely not great playing actual defense. Still Carolina was in a tough spot and had to do something. I still think they fall back a bit next season or two. They won't collapse but maybe drop to roughly 100 points instead of the 110 range?

Reactions: Forge

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Uh no it's just his last two full years in San Jose >>> his five games with us in terms of his next contract, they really were that bad. But at least Winnipeg gives him a better chance to be relevant next offseason in FA.

1 x 1 is still crazy cheap. I mean, his two years in San Jose were no worse than Blackwood's last two years for the devils and Blackwood got more than double that.

There are goalies that are just as bad as him that get paid decently better.

Really good deal for Winnipeg all things considered.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
1 x 1 is still crazy cheap. I mean, his two years in San Jose were no worse than Blackwood's last two years for the devils and Blackwood got more than double that.

There are goalies that are just as bad as him that get paid decently better.

Really good deal for Winnipeg all things considered.
Blackwood had two decent seasons (well 1.5 seasons) as a starting goalie at a very young age and was a fairly high draft pick, Kahkonen's 'best' seasons all came when he played 25 or less games, he's never been a 1A and he was a mid-draft pick.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad