GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The tax conversation is so exhausting. Where was all this talk for years when they sucked? Why couldn’t they use that advantage to build a contender then?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
So were keeping our best asset shelved because... maybe theres injuries?

Yeah, thats what extra defenseman are for - not valuable RHD prospects

And yeah yeah I know, everyone wants Dougie out the door - its not happening. Dougie is 31 and some of yall treat him like hes 34

Casey has no path to success here with Pesce now signed

He's not being shelved, he is continuing to develop in the AHL. You don't throw the prospect pipeline for a position away just because your NHL slots are filled at that position.

I don't want Hamilton out the door. I think he is still a #1 D, a valuable driver of our PP and 5x5 offense, and he should remain so for years. But it is prudent to plan for when he is not.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
He's not being shelved, he is continuing to develop in the AHL. You don't throw the prospect pipeline for a position away just because your NHL slots are filled at that position.

I don't want Hamilton out the door. I think he is still a #1 D, a valuable driver of our PP and 5x5 offense, and he should remain so for years. But it is prudent to plan for when he is not.
Casey would be moved for a same-aged prospect

yes id move him for any single prospect that isnt stuck behind the best right defense depth in the league... hes not going to play here

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Let Casey marinate in Utica for two years then move Hamilton if he's ready and there's a decline on Hamiltons part.
So pass on Casey's already high value so we can.. wait to see if Dougie falls off?

Just say you want him traded lol. No team is keeping prospects because they expect their 31yo top pair defenseman to randomly fall off lmfao

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
So were keeping our best asset shelved because... maybe theres injuries?

Yeah, thats what extra defenseman are for - not valuable RHD prospects

And yeah yeah I know, everyone wants Dougie out the door - its not happening. Dougie is 31 and some of yall treat him like hes 34

Casey has no path to success here with Pesce now signed
Dougie's age doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not he's worth the money and if the team wants to go in another direction with that cap space.

I have no idea what Fitz will think in regards to that, but Dougie is moveable next year.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
This feels like at the end of a long night out just looking over at some chick you havent looked at once and both going, ehh why not, let's do this.
200w.gif

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Dougie's age doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not he's worth the money and if the team wants to go in another direction with that cap space.

I have no idea what Fitz will think in regards to that, but Dougie is moveable next year.
Dougie is not moveable until his final year

No team is trading for the cap hit of an 'overpaid' defenseman as you put and paying him 17mil in signing bonuses

And if you think were paying them to then trade him, that isnt happening either lol

Everyone should just hop off the Dougie traded train - hes still our best defenseman who chose to come here and will be here until damn near his deal is over, or the final year is moved

Luke and Simon will still get paid - the cap is rising with zero meaningful forwards to sign. The Dougie moved next year or thereafter noise is just crap

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Dougie is not moveable until his final year

No team is trading for the cap hit of an 'overpaid' defenseman as you put and paying him 17mil in signing bonuses

And if you think were paying them to then trade him, that isnt happening either lol

Everyone should just hop off the Dougie traded train - hes still our best defenseman who chose to come here and will be here until damn near his deal is over, or the final year is moved

Luke and Simon will still get paid - the cap is rising with zero meaningful forwards to sign. The Dougie moved next year or thereafter noise is just crap
My dude, if you trade him after the bonus is paid next year (july 1), he has 3 years, 15 million or so left in real cash.

This is not impeding his ability to be moved lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad