GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Guys. Are we gonna do the Levshunov/Demidov thing again. We have 14 forwards if you want Nazar in there that’s is 5 full lines of forwards. He’s already in Rockford. Let him cook with Levy and the others.

Trade Athanasiou or Taylor Hall if you want Nazar up. Right now he’s indisputably down

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Guys. Are we gonna do the Levshunov/Demidov thing again. We have 14 forwards if you want Nazar in there that’s is 5 full lines of forwards. He’s already in Rockford. Let him cook with Levy and the others.

Trade Athanasiou or Taylor Hall if you want Nazar up. Right now he’s indisputably down
You are wanting Roslovic
Let’s not pretend the first part of your statement.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

He's not "indisputably down" lol.

He's the 4th best forward on the roster. Only Bedard, Bertuzzi and TT are ahead of him.

He's not getting demoted in favor of bums.

Reactions: Fraser28

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
This roster has very few real nhl centers still. Nazar was phenomenal in his cameo at the end of the year and Richardson raved about him.

I think he’ll be given every opportunity to start in the NHL. If he has a good camp he’ll make the team

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
He's not "indisputably down" lol.

He's the 4th best forward on the roster. Only Bedard, Bertuzzi and TT are ahead of him.

He's not getting demoted in favor of bums.
I get that. But who is going down. Anderson gets you to 14 I guess. There are only 3 centers tho. Bedard, Nazar, Dickinson.
Unless we are reigniting the Reichel or Kurashev center experiences. Foligno? Donato?

Attachments

• IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Muffinalt

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I get that. But who is going down. Anderson gets you to 14 I guess. There are only 3 centers tho. Bedard, Nazar, Dickinson.
Unless we are reigniting the Reichel or Kurashev center experiences. Foligno? Donato?
far be it from me to side with musto on something, but how does there only being 3 centers on the roster, one of them being nazar, support your idea that nazar won't be on the team?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
1) So because the Blackhawks are lacking centers, they should send down Nazar... who is a center?
2) Kurashev, Donato, and Foligno can all play center if need be
3) There's no world in which any of Reichel, Anderson, Smith, Maroon, Donato, or Athanasiou are gifted roster spots over Nazar. Nazar will kill all of them in preseason. What then?

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
1) So because the Blackhawks are lacking centers, they should send down Nazar... who is a center?
2) Kurashev, Donato, and Foligno can all play center if need be
3) There's no world in which any of Reichel, Anderson, Smith, Maroon, Donato, or Athanasiou are gifted roster spots over Nazar. Nazar will kill all of them in preseason. What then?
The question isn't if Nazar a top 12 forward in the organization, the question is if spending some time in the AHL is better for his development than the NHL.

I'm not saying it is or isn't, I think there's enough support on the NHL team that he can develop fine there, but also spending some time acclimating to pro hockey on what should be a competitive Icehogs team is certainly not worth writing off completely as an option.

Reactions: ClydeLee

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I hope Teply is resigned, (but read the riot act first ). The guy has a lot of talent but seems , way too laid back .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad