GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Can't exactly understand what "Yzerplan" is in Detroit at this point

Some baffling moves, odd interest (Trouba) and Wings sat out FA it appears outside of minor moves (Signing guys like Jack Campbell) and bringing in soon to be 37 years old Cam Talbot to "Solve" their G issues

Only thing that looks good for them is Kane staying for another year

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Can't exactly understand what "Yzerplan" is in Detroit at this point

Some baffling moves, odd interest (Trouba) and Wings sat out FA it appears outside of minor moves (Signing guys like Jack Campbell) and bringing in soon to be 36 years old Cam Talbot to "Solve" there G issues

Only thing that looks good for them is Kane staying for another year
Probably a good thing they sat out after some of the contracts he’s handed out on July 1st recently

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's amazing teams continue to give Dumba $

He has been atrocious for years and lives off that fluke 17-18 season

You dump Suter who is pretty awful at this point and bring in a far worse defender

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Teuvo returning to the Hawks locker room
1719868575740.gif

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Is it just me or are there a ton of really reasonable contracts given out league wide today. Poor Leafs looking at the Reinhart deal after gnashing their teeth with Nylander lmao

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I really hate the Brady Skjei contract. But that’s me personally, I really think that guy is overrated. The Tanev contract Term is brutal and Elias Lindholm too much too long.

Reactions: ClydeLee and Pez68

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Losers of the day:

-Anaheim
-Detroit
-Colorado
-Vegas
Oh there’s way more losers than that. I actually hate Washington’s day. Just bringing in a mismatch of mediocre talent. Carolina went from cup contender to wildcard team with their mediocre signings. Rangers failed to make their team better in any way. Toronto is gonna be in for a shock when their old ass defense doesn’t work out. Minnesota way overpaid another fourth liner. LA as well overpaying plugs.

Hell there’s probably a few more I’m missing. Lots of fans should be very upset how the day win.

We are major winners though.

Reactions: Muffinalt

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You don't lose day one of free agency by not paying guys you can't afford you lose by paying the wrong guys too much. Guerin is building the Wild like they're a hockey team in 04 instead of 24 and the Kings are building a bigger slower team in a league that's just getting faster.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Oh there’s way more losers than that. I actually hate Washington’s day. Just bringing in a mismatch of mediocre talent. Carolina went from cup contender to wildcard team with their mediocre signings. Rangers failed to make their team better in any way. Toronto is gonna be in for a shock when their old ass defense doesn’t work out. Minnesota way overpaid another fourth liner. LA as well overpaying plugs.

Hell there’s probably a few more I’m missing. Lots of fans should be very upset how the day win.

We are major winners though.
What do you want Washington to do? They're setting up to be rebuilding in 2/3 years. Going to give Ovi help and support now. I'd rather go for the legacy like that than just start tearing it down already.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What do you want Washington to do? They're setting up to be rebuilding in 2/3 years. Going to give Ovi help and support now. I'd rather go for the legacy like that than just start tearing it down already.
I get it but if you're like mid to late twenties being told that we're not trying to win now or later in order to get Ovi the goal record I could see guys being a bit disenfranchised with the org.

Ad

Ad

Ad