GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Perfect. Still probably a bottom 7 team. Much much better and enough depth to trade Hall Donato AA at the deadline or Reichel before the season and still be competitive and surround the young guys.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
VGK has lost like 1/3 of their entire roster including several key pieces. Wonder wtf is going on. They really in that much of a cap bind???

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I was dead wrong about being able to attract those 2nd/3rd tier free agents to come here without a massive overpay. The organization/city sells itself more then I anticipated.

Very happy to be wrong. I thought a trade needed to be made to get Bedard help. Hopefully Bertuzzi and Tuevo have a couple more years in them.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Do we bring in a RD?

Sean Walker? Alexandre Carrier? Justin Schultz?
Walker went to Carolina, Carriere likely has a deal done with Nashville.

But good news for you though. I kind of think Reichel is done here. Not a lot of room for him anymore.

I just see the disaster the Sens are and they just gave away Chychrun. I’d happily package up Reichel, Kaiser and Toronto’s first and see if they bite.

Reactions: Muffinalt

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I was dead wrong about being able to attract those 2nd/3rd tier free agents to come here without a massive overpay. The organization/city sells itself more then I anticipated.

Very happy to be wrong. I thought a trade needed to be made to get Bedard help. Hopefully Bertuzzi and Tuevo have a couple more years in them.

Neither is even 30 yet, why wouldn’t they have a couple more years?? They were both signed for the perfect amount of time/years IMO.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Do we bring in a RD?

Sean Walker? Alexandre Carrier? Justin Schultz?
Adam Bo league minimum. Jones Vlasic Murphy Korchinski Martinez Phillips Adam Bo / Crevier/Kaiser. May as well play the kids and see what we have because Del Mastro , Levshunov , Allan all could be on the team next year and possibly Luke's Nephew as a Ufa .

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

Was thrilled that KD was able to get immediate help without having to commit any more term than he did. Hawks still going to be a bad next year, but at least it'll be with legit NHL'ers and not a bunch of below replacement players.

Reactions: Pez68

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Its going to be great when we pull in Tuevos fellow fin next year to play with Bedard.

Tuevo-Bedard-Rantanen
Bertuzzi-Pinto-Nazar

Korchinski-Jones
Vlasic-Levshuov

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad