GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There's a balance to be struck. Gotta give our young'ins talent to play with to develop and actually be happy here. If our goal is to just suck and suck and suck some more, when the time comes to actually try and compete it's going to be all the more difficult to actually do so.

Let's see what we get and for how long.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I'm all for the Blackhawks being better next year but blowing money this offseason with Seth Jones still on the books for the foreseeable future and Bedard needing to be paid soon seems like a big mistake for a team nowhere near competing.
this was my way of thinking a few days ago, but seeing the hawks in on bertuzzi has made me greedy.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I'm all for the Blackhawks being better next year but blowing money this offseason with Seth Jones still on the books for the foreseeable future and Bedard needing to be paid soon seems like a big mistake for a team nowhere near competing.
The Hawks have so much cap coming off in the next two years plus cap increases, it’ll be a non factor

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I mean… and I’m half kidding here…is our roster too good?
still weak on the right wing, some questions with the young d core, and the backup situation hasn't been solved yet. BUT, if everything goes through as rumored, this team will be night and day compared to last year. don't think i'd pencil them in for the playoffs, but it certainly doesn't look like a team that would be a lock for the lottery next year.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
this roster is no better than the one that got bedard so all KD has to do at the deadline is strip it down at the deadline enough to be in the mix for a top 3 pick and mission accomplished, Bedard line fixed but still have top pick equity

Reactions: Idionym

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
this team isn't better than the one with cat, toews and kane in the top 6...they're signing 50 point players, maybe they're randomly better than expected but they should still be top 3-5 bad easily unless we see multiple career years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad