GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I’m thinking long term, not next year. Sorry, Joey Anderson doesn’t move the needle for me.

The Hawk's depth was Chef Boyardee and here you're being snooty about a cheap steak in the clearance aisle?

Sometimes you have to know your place on the totem pole.

Joey Anderson might not be some stellar player, but he (and Dickinson) at least won battles. A trait which damn near everyone on a good team can do. Silly to cut out the fat but then also cut off the meat, IMO.

I'm not freaking out about it, I just would reward a guy who did well to help the team if the contract terms were appropriate. He was a good bottom 6er last year on a team with crap depth.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Honestly, he started showing signs of being player the Leafs have been wanting him to be but then got dicked around by coach who was demanding he play grinder/4th liner game

The kid needs to be in top 9 and maybe some PP chances to be effective. Whenever he started getting on run his coach would drop him in lineup move him around lines

Would be worth taking shot on him and he is still only 22

14 G + 13 A in 56 games

Also, this is also risk organizations play in alienating young players with "Cap" maneuvers

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I love how Davidson just cut everyone lol. Who do you think will be the player you remember in 10 years as our tank commander?
My money is on Mackenzie Entwistle but Reese Johnson has a lot of Brandon Bollig potential.

Jacob Megna and Nikita Zaitsev will be impossible to remember in the Tank Sporcle.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Bertuzzi sounds good. Fast middle sixer that adds sandpaper to the lineup. Same reasons I wanted Domi back, before he re-signed. Bertuzzi has a noticeable size advantage over him too.

I felt like he didn't fit in well with the Leafs locker room but I think that's probably because he has heart, and they're a bunch of prima donnas.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
After Bertuzzi, we probably only really need one more forward signing.

Duclair, Roslovic, and Foegele seem like the most likely candidates to fill that spot. They're all fast middle sixers.

Also can't completely rule out circling back on Lafferty, though that would be for the bottom 6.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
I love how Davidson just cut everyone lol. Who do you think will be the player you remember in 10 years as our tank commander?
My money is on Mackenzie Entwistle but Reese Johnson has a lot of Brandon Bollig potential.

Jacob Megna and Nikita Zaitsev will be impossible to remember in the Tank Sporcle.
Bollig was a legit light heavy who forgot his role and thought he was better then a enforcer. Found out when he got to Calgary that was his role. He had a great shot never saw a player miss the body more on a check, he was great at slamming into the boards and making it look like he hit a player but never would. Would take him on the 4th line over all the other players we've had on the 4th lines over the past few years.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Sounds like it’s going to be 4 years around 5 million per

Sudbury boy (like our GM), played with Foligno in Boston and Dickinson in juniors (who I'm sure Davidson asked both about Bert as a person and is supposedly good buddies with) and has won before in other levels (OHL, AHL). Adds size, sandpaper and can play with skilled players while adding 20+ goals. It makes alot of sense. Hope the contract is right.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2