GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Only forwards Id look at in FA are Teuvo, Mantha, Vrana and maaaaaybe Skinner.

None of them should be too expensive compared to guys like Guentzel, Reinhart or Stamkos.

We just need guys to help fill out the top and middle 6, help the team compete when Bedard isnt on the ice. This isnt the time to break the bank on big names.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Jake Bean apparently going to UFA too. He's another piece people were putting on the Jones trade, I don't remember of it was specifically a pick Chicago gave CBJ they traded for him. But I never saw the big appeal there. No need to target him as another LD isn't needed now this year.

moral of the story seems to be if you end up with a very good established nhl player in a deal for a mix of picks and prospects theres a decent chance you end up on the right side of it...Brannstrom comes to mind in the Mark Stone deal

feel like they're going to sign turbo for 6x6.5 per or something like that and maybe do some one year deals for others

eklund2chicago

Jan 19, 2021
What I would want:

Teravainen
Marchessault
Liljegren
And a goalie (Samsonov perhaps)

Teravainen-Bedard-Marchessault
Hall-Dickinson-Kurashev
Reichel-Athanisiou-Mikheyev
Foligno-Lafferty-Donato
(Nazar in a big role in the AHL)

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Liljegren
Del Mastro/Kaiser-Murphy

Mrazek
Random goalie who is better than Söderblom

And what I think will happen:

Teravainen
And some random defencemen

Teravainen-Bedard-Hall
Reichel-Athanisiou-Kurashev
Mikheyev-Dickinson-Nazar
Foligno-Lafferty-Donato

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Kaiser/Del Mastro- A random defencemen

Mrazek
Future Vezina winner Arvid Söderblom

Either way it will be a better team than last year but it's not serious to have Reese Johnson/Arvid Söderblom type players in an NHL line up and hopefully Kyle realizes that.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
What I would want:

Teravainen
Marchessault
Liljegren
And a goalie (Samsonov perhaps)

Teravainen-Bedard-Marchessault
Hall-Dickinson-Kurashev
Reichel-Athanisiou-Mikheyev
Foligno-Lafferty-Donato
(Nazar in a big role in the AHL)

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Liljegren
Del Mastro/Kaiser-Murphy

Mrazek
Random goalie who is better than Söderblom

And what I think will happen:

Teravainen
And some random defencemen

Teravainen-Bedard-Hall
Reichel-Athanisiou-Kurashev
Mikheyev-Dickinson-Nazar
Foligno-Lafferty-Donato

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Kaiser/Del Mastro- A random defencemen

Mrazek
Future Vezina winner Arvid Söderblom

Either way it will be a better team than last year but it's not serious to have Reese Johnson/Arvid Söderblom type players in an NHL line up and hopefully Kyle realizes that.
Besides being a Smurf line I CANNOT imagine how frustrating teuvo and bedard might be watching together. Perimeter player and him doesn’t seem like a good fit. To be most effective he really needs a power forward and a guy who can finish so he can manipulate & create more space on top of them being covered as threats, in my humble opinion

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't understand why teams dislike arbitration so much. I thought a decade ago it was just disliked by being cap crunched, but no, everytime teams seem to want to avoid it. It's odd to me.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I don't understand why teams dislike arbitration so much. I thought a decade ago it was just disliked by being cap crunched, but no, everytime teams seem to want to avoid it. It's odd to me.
I think the rate of players coming back after going through arbitration even being awarded a fair contract is beyond dismal. Maybe it’s because of the relationship between the team and player/camp breaking down and feeling devalued, but it’s generally a looming sign of things to come

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8813.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad