• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. In the fifth poll I am voting for Stian Solberg.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2024 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. LW - Cutter Gauthier (2024 acquired)
2. RW - Beckett Sennecke (2024 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (no change)
4. D - Tristan Luneau (+1)

Our graduates and departures are:

Leo Carlsson
Pavel Mintyukov
Lukas Dostal
Jackson LaCombe
Connor Hvidston
Jacob Perreault
Pavol Regenda
Benoit-Olivier Groulx
Brayden Tracey
Blake McLaughlin
Gage Alexander
Ben King
Jack Perbix
Artyom Galimov
Albin Sundsvik​

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Solberg is the obvious choice here IMO. Next is where it gets interesting.

The scouts and a few other articles I read seemed to indicate that Pettersson has real top 6 upside. I think he's a sleeper good pick. The other rating high for me is Clara. Hard to ignore his success last season. Colangelo played pretty well and I don't think that can be ignored either.

Sidorov and Dionicio both are talented but need to prove more IMO. I think Gaucher, Myatovic, Pastujov, Nesterenko, Terrance, and Hinds are all in the same group for me of players that I see as NHL players but all have flaws to overcome.

As of now, I think I would go (in this order) Solberg, Pettersson, Clara, Colangelo.

Giguere27

Feb 4, 2006
Bavaria
Solberg is the obvious choice here IMO. Next is where it gets interesting.

The scouts and a few other articles I read seemed to indicate that Pettersson has real top 6 upside. I think he's a sleeper good pick. The other rating high for me is Clara. Hard to ignore his success last season. Colangelo played pretty well and I don't think that can be ignored either.

Sidorov and Dionicio both are talented but need to prove more IMO. I think Gaucher, Myatovic, Pastujov, Nesterenko, Terrance, and Hinds are all in the same group for me of players that I see as NHL players but all have flaws to overcome.

As of now, I think I would go (in this order) Solberg, Pettersson, Clara, Colangelo.

Absolutely agree with this, but I have Clara before Pettersson.

Biggest problem is where to rank a guy like Suchanek - who played a really good season - in comparison to the skaters.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I think Clara will actually turn into a much more important player than Solberg but he's still off and blocked by Dostal and perhaps Clang or Suchanek to an extent. Also goalies, schmolies.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I think Solberg is the clear choice for his upside. The only other one I considered was Colangelo, simply because he played in 3 NHL games and did not look out of place. The goalies are kind of a mystery to me.

Reactions: Yemeth

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well, for those split between Solberg and Clara here, looks like they will be on the same SHL team next year
Thats pretty cool, an Norwegian and Italian on same team. Norsemen made up the majority of Varangian guard that defended the emperor of the Byzantine(Eastern Roman) empire.
Solberg will be like the Varangian guard protecting Rome lol from goals being scored.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Are we going to have a tie breaker vote? This one looks like it's really coming down to the wire.
Yeah should just go right to the next poll. Next one is gonna be close between Clara and Colangelo.
The Italian or the Italian American. After those 2 prospects, I have no clue how to rank the rest.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yeah should just go right to the next poll. Next one is gonna be close between Clara and Colangelo.
The Italian or the Italian American. After those 2 prospects, I have no clue how to rank the rest.
Would’ve made it by now if I didn’t have to work all day, I’ll do it tonight if I can remember

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Having a prospect like Stian Solberg at 5 is pretty crazy. He'd be in the top 2-3 on a lot of teams and maybe even 1 on some.
Also crazy to think he’d be at 7 if Pat actually let his prospects marinate like he said. Absolutely wild.

Reactions: Yemeth

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Kinda funny that hell prob be #2 or 3 next year cause gauthier zellweger and most likely luneau will graduate.
I think one or two of the forwards that get a real opportunity will overtake him. Pettersson, Massé, Terrance and bunch of AHL bound guys are primed to take him on, it's simply a numbers game: about 7 vs 1 and one or two will have breakouts. The talent is not that dissimilar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad