• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. In the first poll I am voting for Beckett Sennecke.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2024 Ducks Prospect Rankings:

1. LW - Cutter Gauthier (2024 acquired)

Our graduates and departures are:

Leo Carlsson
Pavel Mintyukov
Lukas Dostal
Jackson LaCombe
Connor Hvidston
Jacob Perreault
Pavol Regenda
Benoit-Olivier Groulx
Brayden Tracey
Blake McLaughlin
Gage Alexander
Ben King
Jack Perbix
Artyom Galimov
Albin Sundsvik​

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Sennecke because the upside is highest of all, even above Gauthier.

Zellweger and Luneau, the other 2 candidates are strong options but they don't match the potential of Sennecke. Luneau over Zellweger at this point but it could go either way.

Reactions: Kalv

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah I think I'm going Zellweger here. Then a toss up between Luneau and Sennecke. Depends on Luneau's ability to recover from all that missed time but he showed really promising tools and game sense in his brief stint.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Based upon projections and potentials, I like Luneau over Sennecke at the moment. Luneau earned the QMJHL DotY while not having regained his burst in his D+1 season. If Luneau's workouts have improved his burst, then that's an added element to his potential.

Luneau was projected to be in the talent range of Korchinsi-Mintyukov-Mateychuk in his draft year. We don't know how high Luneau's ceiling could have been. We know that his mobility in his knee has recovered well enough to win DotY in the Q for his D+1 season. If Luneau can regain that initial burst in his skating due to continued training and added leg muscles, then we could have a different beast on our hands.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
I like Zelly at this point. He's NHL caliber already. Sennecke is a long ways away from reaching his ceiling, even though it's higher. I'd like to see some progress before he's moved up.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Z2 for me. Sennecke is a long way from reaching the ceiling so many project for him. I certainly hope he gets there, but until he starts putting on muscle and showing progress toward that goal, I can't vote on ceiling alone.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
3 people posting in here are for Sennecke compared to 7 who aren't yet Sennecke has 75% of the vote

Shutdown the comments section! Who needs them when polls are all one needs. Let's dissuade other thoughts. Sharing info into why they prefer a prospect over another should belong to a website dedicated to commenting posts.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
While i think it would be fair to give both Zell and Luneau consideration here, I think Sennecke's upside is ridiculous and have to go with him

Last edited:
Reactions: robbieboy3686

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I went Sennecke, high upside but margin of error for his final product is still very high.

The next vote is where it gets really tough. Luneau, Solberg, and Zellweger are all kinda neck and neck for me.

Luneau might have taken the lead if his year went how it should have. Show promise in his NHL stint, be a leader for team Canada and likely their best Dman. Go to Q and lead a team on a playoffs run. Unfortunately his year got cut short and it’s hard to tell what the fallout will be. That’s further hampered by the fact he has had hurdles in his development previous. He’s one of those players where the potential is so obvious but circumstances have held him back.

Zellweger has done just about everything he can to prove himself but the size does still raise questions. And that’s not to say he can’t be an impact players, more so, how much of one. And what does his playoff performance look like. Is he going to be a Sam Girard or a Quinn Hughes/Jared Spurgeon.

And then Solberg is exactly what this team needs and every team covets. Might not ever win a Norris or even be a go to PP1 guy, but there is some offensive room for growth in his game and he will anchor a PK and keep net fronts clear. His game is still a bit raw but some time in a more reputable pro league will do wonders.

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Sennecke's potential and upside is too much to ignore. Gauthier #1 and Sennecke #2. IMO, Zellweger/Luneau are the clear #3-4. I think there's a strong argument for both. Zellweger just keeps proving himself and it's hard to ignore. Luneau plays that coveted position of RD and has so much potential, but injury issues.

Without injuries, Luneau for sure. But with how well Zellweger played in the NHL at the end of the season, I think he edges Luneau out until he has a chance to prove himself again. Although, I can be convinced to go the other way if someone has a good enough argument before next vote.

1) Gauthier
2) Sennecke
3) Zellweger
4) Luneau

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Luneau for me based, nothing against sennecke
but I think he needs to prove Anaheim correct…. Luneau already did that in his d+1… and if not for health issues he’s prob not even an option

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad