GDT: 2024 draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
You can see why I just like to stand back and watch. If there's anything I hate, it's Debbie Downer syndrome. My father does it all the time, and it's grating as all hell.
People on here are amateurs compared to my old man so I barely notice it.

We’re going to be fine, we’re going to find players. We usually strike after everyone else makes their big moves. It’ll be Tuesday or Wednesday before we know how this all went for us.
We gonna get Laine, Provorov, Stamkos, and Kadri.

Say goodbye to Necas and Kokonut.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Another russia D, Roman Shokhrin.
Last paragraph from McKeens:

What is Shokhrin going to look like when he has filled out his frame? If the consistency issues iron out, this is a player with significant upside. There are similarities to Carolina Hurricanes top prospectAlexander Nikishin when he was an MHL player and draft prospect.

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
We're hedging against a preemptive nuclear strike. Analytics and game theory to the nth degree

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
No. I know. It seems like every time we're in a spot where the easily consensus BPA is a brickhouse, we either go off the board like Nadeau last year or trade down. I'm happy with the Nadeau pick...but this seeming size aversion from a FO that says we need to get bigger and tougher is odd.

Then, I literally could not remember the last time we drafted a forward larger than 6'1" who was also 210#+. Hence the question.

I know it's been a long time, and I'm sure there must have been some since, but I wonder if expending the #21oa on Julien Gautier back in 2016 has served as somewhat of a cautionary tale when it comes to valuing size over skill?

MyLuckyPuck

Jan 5, 2021
Button beating us up yesterday on "The Powerplay", over being smurfish. Said we were to busy singing players that are too small and that we didn't understand the formula that wins Stanley Cups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad