• Screenshot_20240703-130731.jpg
    Screenshot_20240703-130731.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Lunatik

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm kinda amazed that SS is still open. Obviously people still must go there since it is. I haven't been there in decades.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Hmm. The older parekh bro is also a RD. I would be surprised if we don't offer him an ATO to allow him to get things ready for his bro when he can play on the AHL in a year or so.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Hmm. The older parekh bro is also a RD. I would be surprised if we don't offer him an ATO to allow him to get things ready for his bro when he can play on the AHL in a year or so.
I would be surprised if they do. He’s committed to Bemidji State starting next year.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I would be surprised if they do. He’s committed to Bemidji State starting next year.

Flames could offer and he could say no thanks, I'll get a degree.

I see where you're coming from though. For a family who value good education highly, the older bros getting degrees is more important than getting a head start to younger bro making millions.

Reactions: User1996

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
It sounds like our draft is getting good reviews around the league.

I'd love to add a few more top 2-3 round picks in the next two drafts.

Hopefully we get some high octane forwards in the next couple of drafts to round out the goaltending and defence.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN and Fig

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It sounds like our draft is getting good reviews around the league.

I'd love to add a few more top 2-3 round picks in the next two drafts.

Hopefully we get some high octane forwards in the next couple of drafts to round out the goaltending and defence.

This is one of those drafts you look back as a cornerstone.
Like the idea now is to be bad bad for two seasons to get back into the top of the draft a couple years running (clearly McKenna would be the crown jewel).

Where in 2026-2027 you graduate a bunch of guys together, while bringing in guys from the draft to play with any of the veterans you've kept.

I'm turning around on the Parekh pick, I didn't love it because I didn't think he was the best D on the board... but clearly this scouting staff knows more than I do in terms of guys willing to come here or guys that maybe didn't have enough between the ears.

Still some suffering ahead, but if we could continue to build off this, we are in good shape.

Reactions: Fig

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
If you’re going to draft like you did in 2024, I’m glad Conroy kept the draft capital and continues to do so. Take another 10 shots in 2025, including a top 5 pick and this starts to look good.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
They need to let this run its course until the new arena opens. Because of our abject facilities, the only players we’ll attract are mercenaries, reclamation projects, and draftees.

In other words, keep drafting high until CSEC gets its act together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad