weems

Jul 3, 2008
NHL.com mock draft from yesterday

Screenshot (1451).png

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
What from the roster moves the pick up, without hurting the team over the next couple of seasons?

Perhaps the better question is whether there is a tier level that they could afford to move into, or perhaps the Tiers are like 1-5, 6-12, 13 - 24, 25 ...

So at their current position, they are in a tier that is too far away from the higher tier to be feasible.

Leafs 23rd + Rikki Bobby or Tim Liljegren to move up into the top 12 to draft ...

Cole Eiserman​

1718633565785.png

Eiserman has an automatic release that he can fire off the pass from any physical position and any corner of the offensive zone. Eiserman’s game also has a physical dimension that often goes underappreciated. He’s willing to dish and take physical punishment at the net-front and muscle opponents off of loose pucks for rebound opportunities if that’s what it takes to get on the scoresheet.

1718633775876.png

This kid is a goal per game scorer and could be a future top 6 sniper.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Leafs 23rd + Rikki Bobby or Tim Liljegren to move up into the top 12 to draft ...

Cole Eiserman​

View attachment 883570

Eiserman has an automatic release that he can fire off the pass from any physical position and any corner of the offensive zone. Eiserman’s game also has a physical dimension that often goes underappreciated. He’s willing to dish and take physical punishment at the net-front and muscle opponents off of loose pucks for rebound opportunities if that’s what it takes to get on the scoresheet.

View attachment 883571

I'm not really up on all of the draftees this year, but what I've read of him is that he's incredibly one-dimensional who either translates his crazy scoring to the pros, or he busts out completely.

Ultimate risk/reward player

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Cole Eiserman​

View attachment 883570

View attachment 883571

and our own Robertson scored 55 goals in 46 games in his D+1 season ...it would be nice if we finally gave him a chance, and he has one of the hardest (if no the hardest) shots on the Leafs even with his size.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
what does that mean?
2 picks that I can remember in our somewhat recent past.
It was well known NO MATTER WHAT Leafs were taking a centre in 2013, we ended up picking Freddy the GOAT.

And in 2017 we were selecting a D with our 1st round pick.
We selected Timothy the Lily passing on Hunters London Knight Robert Thomas or Josh Norris.

I think what the poster was referencing was would they draft based on need knowing there is a gap until their next selection, or go BPA.

Reactions: shortfuze

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I'm not really up on all of the draftees this year, but what I've read of him is that he's incredibly one-dimensional who either translates his crazy scoring to the pros, or he busts out completely.

They said the same thing about Robertson.

I can't see Robertson ever being more than a shot. It's a good shot but that's all he's got. If that's all Eiserman brings to the table it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense drafting yet another scoring forward when they already have so many.

Which means the Leafs will probably do exactly that.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
They said the same thing about Robertson.

I can't see Robertson ever being more than a shot. It's a good shot but that's all he's got. If that's all Eiserman brings to the table it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense drafting yet another scoring forward when they already have so many.

Which means the Leafs will probably do exactly that.
I can see Ellick, Greentree, or Boisvert as the picks, because they fit Tre's preferred size profile, and all bring useful future tools. Ellick in particular, but in terms of forwards, the other two fit the profile with projectable skills that we could use moving forward

Reactions: supermann_98

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I can see Ellick, Greentree, or Boisvert as the picks, because they fit Tre's preferred size profile, and all bring useful future tools. Ellick in particular, but in terms of forwards, the other two fit the profile with projectable skills that we could use moving forward

Beaudoin fits that category as well if you're looking for work ethic, size and interesting upside.

I will say though that I don't think Treliving has much of a resume of picking big players. Plenty of his picks since his Calgary days were average/small.

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
A great video breakdown of Solberg's game. The kid's a beast. He even stood up Colton Parayko at the blueline and didn't get knocked down. Imagine how much damage he'll be able to do after he puts on about 20 pounds of adult muscle.

• Love
Reactions: supermann_98

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

I really think the Leafs best interest would be to draft big, mean and mobile Dman to develop..

One player that gives me a Dougie Hamilton feel about him is big 6'3" RHD Carter Yakemchuk.

1718639534608.png

Here is a guy that could replace a Morgan Rielly on Leafs PPQB #1 .

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Beaudoin fits that category as well if you're looking for work ethic, size and interesting upside.

I will say though that I don't think Treliving has much of a resume of picking big players. Plenty of his picks since his Calgary days were average/small.
A lot of the guys we've been talking about are pretty big boys

Surin and Solberg are both 6'1 or taller

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
A lot of the guys we've been talking about are pretty big boys

Surin and Solberg are both 6'1 or taller

Surin might project as a winger at the next level which is where my interest dropped a bit unfortunately.

We've typically not had a lot of concern in getting Russians here but it's another issue and they don't like to stay in the AHL long.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I think if we can leave with him or Luchanko...I am over the moon.

I am more interested in Emery than I should be

Open to Jiricek and Chernyshov but definitely prefer Solberg or Luchank first and foremost.

I seriously doubt Luchanko gets to us now, he's early to mid teens in a lot of mocks and seems to be rising late with that colmbine performance

If you like nasty centers Surin isn't a bad option, 6'1 scores and 108pims

He's a bit excitable 😂

Surin might project as a winger at the next level which is where my interest dropped a bit unfortunately.

We've typically not had a lot of concern in getting Russians here but it's another issue and they don't like to stay in the AHL long.

Even if he becomes a winger he'd be something different than what we have, he's a greasy bugger and I'm not to worried about Russians

We don't seem to have any trouble getting them to come over

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I seriously doubt Luchanko gets to us now, he's early to mid teens in a lot of mocks and seems to be rising late with that colmbine performance

If you like nasty centers Surin isn't a bad option, 6'1 scores and 108pims

He's a bit excitable 😂

Even if he becomes a winger he'd be something different than what we have, he's a greasy bugger and I'm not to worried about Russians

We don't seem to have any trouble getting them to come over

Luchanko's OHL playoffs were so-so but then his U18s were great, combine also helped, it would take some stupid good luck to get him.

I feel like we're getting more...Knies, Cowan and Grebyonkin...how do I put this...maybe they're not nasty but they're not p***yes. Surin I have heard borderlines on dirty at times, has some Dubinsky in him but needs to take less penalties.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Luchanko's OHL playoffs were so-so but then his U18s were great, combine also helped, it would take some stupid good luck to get him.

I feel like we're getting more...Knies, Cowan and Grebyonkin...how do I put this...maybe they're not nasty but they're not p***yes. Surin I have heard borderlines on dirty at times, has some Dubinsky in him but needs to take less penalties.
He sounds like Kadri quite honestly

Talented kid who has good playmaking instincts and does well on the PP with a bit of physicality but lacks control at times and does stupid/dirty unnecessary ****

Reactions: WTFMAN99

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

Stian Solberg

Height
: 6-foot-1
Weight: 201 pounds
Position: Left shot defenceman
Team: Valerenga (Norway Elite League)
Season stats: 42 games played, 5 goals, 10 assists, +2
Playoff stats: 17 games played, 2 goals, 7 assists, -3

Solberg has already played three seasons in Norway’s top pro league and competed internationally at the world juniors and Men’s World Championships. He’s logged a ton of responsibility in high leverage scenarios at a young age.

Stolberg brings a combination of size, skill and will. His stats don’t jump off the page offensively, but he’s scratching the surface of another level of production. He’s a capable puck mover who defends with purpose. I believe he projects as a second pairing, two-way NHL defenceman and I have him ranked No. 23. Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Solberg selected inside the top 20. If that did occur it would certainly have a ripple effect on some lists in the first round.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Can't really go wrong with Jiricek, Solberg, Emery, Elick, Hutson, Kiviharu, Brunicke, Mews, Friej and many other pretty good defenders with potential ranked from the 2nd-4th round. Centers too with Luchanko, Beaudoin, Boisvert, O'Rielly, Hage and more. Idk if Misa is a C or winger but if he can play C full time he's another to add to the list. I don't think it's a bad thing if we walk out of this draft with ay 1 of these guys tbh.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Can't really go wrong with Jiricek, Solberg, Emery, Elick, Hutson, Kiviharu, Brunicke, Mews, Friej and many other pretty good defenders with potential ranked from the 2nd-4th round. Centers too with Luchanko, Beaudoin, Boisvert, O'Rielly, Hage and more. Idk if Misa is a C or winger but if he can play C full time he's another to add to the list. I don't think it's a bad thing if we walk out of this draft with ay 1 of these guys tbh.

I'd love to grab a high second somehow

Walking out with a center and a defenseman with some plus traits to develop would be awesome

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'd love to grab a high second somehow

Walking out with a center and a defenseman with some plus traits to develop would be awesome
Yeah there's too many of them that it sucks not having a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Got sleeper defenders like Muggli rated late 2nd/3rd and quite a few other Centers and defenders and Pridhams son is in this draft and he apparently had a pretty good combine and is projected around the 3rd round. Seeing some reports about him he sounds like the kind of player we might like and he plays RW which is a position we don't have too many of in the system.

Reactions: Kiwi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4