2024 Draft: 3rd Pick - Connor Clattenburg (F)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Well I do like my face punchers young and hungry. Could he be an alpha face puncher in the NHL? Is he big enough for that?

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Well I do like my face punchers young and hungry. Could he be an alpha face puncher in the NHL? Is he big enough for that?
Kind of strikes me more of a big agitator type. Not much tape on the guy, except the fights so he's at least willing to engage. He does actively look to hit, bit of a rat type who gets under the skin. Apparently in Flint they had him in their top 6, which led to some better numbers.

Still a bit of a confusing pick even for a 5th rounder but maybe they felt the need for a bigger, aggressive type.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kind of strikes me more of a big agitator type. Not much tape on the guy, except the fights so he's at least willing to engage. He does actively look to hit, bit of a rat type who gets under the skin. Apparently in Flint they had him in their top 6, which led to some better numbers.

Still a bit of a confusing pick even for a 5th rounder but maybe they felt the need for a bigger, aggressive type.
Yeh hard to find video but from the little was can see id agree with that assessment. It’s a very Coke Machine like pick from the DOD. Hope Pracey knows what he’s doing here.

Reactions: Shizuka

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Seems like a bit of a clown with the gestures after the fights. Don’t like the way his skates kept coming up in that third fight either. Pretty decisive wins on the first two.
Definitely get the vibe that he's a guy that you'd rather be on your side but he can definitely be a clown at times. This is the kind of guy that you send after a Tkachuk or Zadorov to keep them occupied.

Reactions: harpoon

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Seems like a bit of a clown with the gestures after the fights. Don’t like the way his skates kept coming up in that third fight either. Pretty decisive wins on the first two.
How dare a guy show any emotion or get the fans pumped up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad