Prospect Info: 2024 Draft 176th Overall Charlie Forslund

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christien

May 1, 2010
Swedish kid with some size. 6'3, 212 lbs, who plays LW. He was pretty highly rated in Hockey Prospect's Black Book. Their scout, Brad Allen, says he is a "hidden gem." Strong shot. From what I understand, he came out of nowhere until last season and impressed some scouts.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfrank21

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I do like the size, Euro-ness and offensive potential. Can he skate pretty well? Being able to find quiet / open spots is a good sign if he's not much of a skater. Be interesting to see how he looks as he faces increasingly tougher competition.

ScoutGuy99

Jun 26, 2024
Quoting myself here since I love this kid, you all got a gem:

Here is a video I put together a couple of months ago before his height/weight were updated. HockeyEttan footage is not perfect but hopefully it gives a good sense of what he is about as a player:

A more full report I wrote up at that time when his commitment to Mora had just been inked:

One of the most intriguing prospects to play for a HockeyEttan (Swedish men's third tier) team in recent years... hearkens back to the days of Alex Edler and Henrik Zetterberg, who both made their names on the same circuit when it was called Division 1... tall, rangy forward earned a late-season promotion from Falu IF's junior club and immediately found success at the pro level with 23 points in 22 combined regular season and playoff games... has two primary modes of attack... first, as a wide-out scoring winger with a knack for disappearing into space before flashing impressive shot power and accuracy from almost anywhere inside the offensive zone... also serves as a pestilent net front presence thanks to his size, strength, and deft touch in tight... in general, supports play well even without possession thanks to his sublime sense of positioning... despite being just 17 years old for most of the year, quickly earned a reputation as a physical specimen who can bull opponents off the puck with ease... this trait helps him to be a positive factor defensively as well... by far the greatest area of concern is from the knees down... while Forslund possesses a wide, strong skating base along with a powerful straight-line stride, his first step is a significant liability at present... fortunately, as players like Mark Stone and Jason Robertson have demonstrated, this is an issue that can be corrected with time and proper coaching... given that deficiency- as well as questions over his level of competition- Forslund went unranked at year's end by Central Scouting... regardless, his upside as a potential top-six forward is eminent... in addition to attracting visits from NHL scouts, signed with the storied Mora IK organization in early May after fielding several competitive offers... will begin 2024-25 in Sweden's top junior league, but could see time with Mora's senior team in Allsvenskan sooner rather than later.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
https://sites.google.com/view/upsidehockey/2024-nhl-draft-prospect-profiles#h.tn1okk91875n

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 00-59-06 Charlie Forslund – DobberProspects.png

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Watched the Draper interview and he scouted this kid on Hakan's suggestion. Draper was going to see a different kid to play (at a different club) who was scratched, so Hakan called him and said "Forsund is playing, go check him out". So Draper said he went deep into Sweden to watch the kid and he stood out.

Video can be found on Youtube or I can link it here

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Watched the Draper interview and he scouted this kid on Hakan's suggestion. Draper was going to see a different kid to play (at a different club) who was scratched, so Hakan called him and said "Forsund is playing, go check him out". So Draper said he went deep into Sweden to watch the kid and he stood out.

Video can be found on Youtube or I can link it here
Just like with Datsyuk.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad