GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’ve been on the Laine train for a while. Don’t really care about skinner, TBH. I think we have another 1 or 2 trades coming at some point this summer and one will bring in a young forward.

Isn’t there something where Laine still needs reinstated before he or his agent can even be contacted about details of a trade? Did that happen yet?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Kane is the type I would be interested in taking on for payment.

Kane+3rd for Eller or Accari for example. Then you put Kane on the block as soon as the season starts with a willingness to take a 2nd. Move that up to a 1st at the TDL. All the while:

Kane-Sid-Rust
Bunt-Malkin-Raks
DOC-Lizotte-Puustinen
Beau-Hayes-Acciari

gets you somewhere at least.
Tarasenko should fit regarding salary and term.

Reactions: Trade and SEALBound

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Don’t even think we have anything to make it happen but if this is the start of the rebuild, Dubas should be doing in his power to secure future 1st round picks.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Even if they move Eller and Acciari out are there really any spots?
I mean, yes and no. At camp, you'll see the likes of DOC, Puustinen, Pono, Yager, Gruden, Koivunen, etc all competing for various spots in the lineup. Hell, possible even Broz and Howe make some noise. If they force Sullivan's hand to play them, you can easily waive the likes of Acciari, Nieto, Puljujarvi, Poulin, Beauvillier, Hayes, etc. No different than what they did with Hino, Big Z, and Colin White last year.

THEN come the inevitable injuries. That always opens a slot or two especially if the young one is playing well in WBS. At the end of the day, it's a long season. They'll get their chances.

Reactions: farscape1

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just don’t think we can truly “suck” that quickly to get low enough for McKenna.

Unless Crosby blows a tire and gets injured. We will probably hover right around where we were last year 7th - 15th.

Crosby gets hurt though, all bets are off and the parachute cord is cut.

Then we will get to see what the next 5 years look like potentially. Can’t wait for the day when some of the miserable f***s on this forum experience what the true basement feels like.
A Sid injury's the most sure fire way, but two years from now, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team tumble to being a top-3 pick. Age is gonna catch up to Sid some time and hopefully Rust is dealt next summer--that leaves guys like DOC as potentially his best winger and *f***ing yikes*. :laugh:

Reactions: farscape1

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
A Sid injury's the most sure fire way, but two years from now, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team tumble to being a top-3 pick. Age is gonna catch up to Sid some time and hopefully Rust is dealt next summer--that leaves guys like DOC as potentially his best winger and *f***ing yikes*. :laugh:
Very true. I didn’t take into account literally every other meaningful player on this team being 40 right along with him.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
If they don't move any contracts out, not a chance in hell.

Right now the roster seems pretty obviously..

Rakell / Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell / Beauvillier
DOC - Hayes - Bemstrom / Pulju
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari
Man would Arvidsson had been a nice get

Rakell Sid Rust
Bunting Malkin Arvidsson
DOC Ponomarev Puustinen
Lizotte Hayes Beauvillier

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just don’t think we can truly “suck” that quickly to get low enough for McKenna.

Unless Crosby blows a tire and gets injured. We will probably hover right around where we were last year 7th - 15th.

Crosby gets hurt though, all bets are off and the parachute cord is cut.

Then we will get to see what the next 5 years look like potentially. Can’t wait for the day when some of the miserable f***s on this forum experience what the true basement feels like.

Actually it's mostly the miserable f***s who know what's coming and are, hence, miserable.

It's the oddly cheery ones pumping their fists for years of trash-laden rosters and magic beans 2nd round picks that confuse me.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Do you have faith in this team properly executing anything?
Dude, I refuse to ignore someone on a damn Internet forum. But honestly, why are you so down in the dumps about everything?

Let the process play out. If it becomes a dumpster fire (would not bet my money against it not becoming one), then so be it.

We can’t control shit from an Internet forum. I will continue to hold out faith that they make the right moves and if they don’t, I can make it known in a post or two.

It doesn’t need to be every damn post though.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Actually it's mostly the miserable f***s who know what's coming and are, hence, miserable.

It's the oddly cheery ones pumping their fists for years of trash-laden rosters and magic beans 2nd round picks that confuse me.
It really must be confusion because I haven't seen anyone fist pumping.

You're confusing "non-suicidal" with elation.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It really must be confusion because I haven't seen anyone fist pumping.

You're confusing "non-suicidal" with elation.

I dunno. Everyone seems awfully excited to get drag-ass bums like Hayes on this team because that second rounder is huge for "the rebuild." Meanwhile I just watched Crosby have a great season at like 37 and just have to shake my head at everyone being giddy about the ship slipping under the waves while the band is still playing at least mostly in tune.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018

I haven’t really caught the ones on the other side of the fence recently so my mistake if there are those. Both are ridiculous in my eyes.

I see a bunch that have known this was coming for awhile and we are finally starting to enter into those times.

Let’s face it, it would have taken a magician of a GM to outmaneuver this. Literally every move had to be perfect to overcome our main players getting old and having no draft picks to back them up.

I just think things are greatly overblown because of the above scenario. Other teams have other players to fall back on but here, the GM’s had to hit on every possible player.

(Not saying I like any of the recent GM’s, just that they were put into a no win situation unless they won a Stanley cup)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Dude, I refuse to ignore someone on a damn Internet forum. But honestly, why are you so down in the dumps about everything?

Let the process play out. If it becomes a dumpster fire (would not bet my money against it not becoming one), then so be it.

We can’t control shit from an Internet forum. I will continue to hold out faith that they make the right moves and if they don’t, I can make it known in a post or two.

It doesn’t need to be every damn post though.

Why?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad