WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So all and all when I think about it this may have been the biggest win on the senior level we got in the last 4-5 years lol. Would put it even above the bronze medal game two years ago.

Not sure how many players of this US team would make OG best on best team, but still they were really stacked this year. And it was no lucky win also, where we were destroyed and somehow managed to luckily win it. I would say it was a very even game, US maybe got some more big chances, but we got them too, not to mention we hit three posts yesterday.

Really an amazing win, and of course I want for us to win a medal, and preferably the gold one. But no matter what happens this weekend I am already satisfied with this year WCH and we can already call it a successful tournament.

We beat stacked US, Finland, took a point from Canada after 14 f***in years lol, and we are yet to lose in regulation. So all and all very good tournament and I hope we will continue in this trend.

Rulik seem like the right man for the job. Youth results and performances are encouraging, so hopefully we can implement some of those promising looking new generation players into the senior team and hopefully keep growing.

And maybe by the 2030 OG we might not even suck at best on best and we might not even be that far away behind the top4 for some medal talks there lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So all and all when I think about it this may have been the biggest win on the senior level we got in the last 4-5 years lol. Would put it even above the bronze medal game two years ago.

Not sure how many players of this US team would make OG best on best team, but still they were really stacked this year. And it was no lucky win also, where we were destroyed and somehow managed to luckily win it. I would say it was a very even game, US maybe got some more big chances, but we got them too, not to mention we hit three posts yesterday.

Really an amazing win, and of course I want for us to win a medal, and preferably the gold one. But no matter what happens this weekend I am already satisfied with this year WCH and we can already call it a successful tournament.

We beat stacked US, Finland, took a point from Canada after 14 f***in years lol, and we are yet to lose in regulation. So all and all very good tournament and I hope we will continue in this trend.

Rulik seem like the right man for the job. Youth results and performances are encouraging, so hopefully we can implement some of those promising looking new generation players into the senior team and hopefully keep growing.

And maybe by the 2030 OG we might not even suck at best on best and we might not even be that far away behind the top4 for some medal talks there lol
The undefeated in regulation and have played every top nation but Sweden is impressive as hell. I honestly can't think of one awful stretch in the tourney. Every game has felt even. This is not at al like so many U20's or last years toothless team. We battle for every inch and every guy is contributing. I noted Beranek and Hajek several times yesterday. It's really impressive. I'm even becoming a Krejcik fan.

Agree, we lose both games and I'm still happy. But I REALLY want a medal of any color and it'd be nice to beat one of the 3 remaining teams once.

Love that they got Kampf to line 2. Love that it was all the NHLers and then our super good Euro line. Our PP now has teeth and is a threat! PK has been dialed in to. Also, guys like Zacha and Kamps are usually quite good on draws.

I still maintain Pasta has a story to tell here and is going to have a 'moment'. I'd be fine if that was the next game.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Of the 3 they'd all be a nice story

Beating undefeated Sweden and guaranteed a home final for Gold

Beating Switzerland after they beat us earlier

Beating Canada to end that 12 year drought or whatever it is

Not saying it'll happen but when I say I'd love to beat one of them one more time in Prague, that is what I mean.

Still can't get my head around Spacek with 5 points.lol No one saw that coming!

2026 D

Spacek, Jiricek, Svozil, Hronek, Gudas (last one probably for him) and will still need one more guy as I'm assuming Rutta will be near the end by then.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I really wish the Czechia - Canada gold medal game. Would be a massive finale of this tournament. Games vs. Canada, the world's biggest hockey superpower, ale always seen as prestigious in Czechia, and playing Canada in the gold medal game would certainly make Prague and the entire literally crazy with hockey for the 24 hour before the game.

The game vs. Sweden is going to be extremely difficult. I have watched some sequences from the Sweden - Finland QF game and the Swedes are extremely good. The way their defensemen are playing at the offensive blue line is insane. The confidence, the puck control, the passes. It's going to be hell to play against.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
So it’s half past midnight in Tokyo, I just had a big dinner with my wine club and would normally look forward to a good night’s sleep. Except that my body is used to ice hockey right about now. Can’t believe there is nothing to watch. Depressing. And tomorrow my fiancé is here but I already told her that from 9:20pm she will be watching ice hockey. She does not seem as deliriously happy about it as I am. Really wish it was happening today. Anywhere online where the whole US game from yesterday has been posted? I want to watch it.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So it’s half past midnight in Tokyo, I just had a big dinner with my wine club and would normally look forward to a good night’s sleep. Except that my body is used to ice hockey right about now. Can’t believe there is nothing to watch. Depressing. And tomorrow my fiancé is here but I already told her that from 9:20pm she will be watching ice hockey. She does not seem as deliriously happy about it as I am. Really wish it was happening today. Anywhere online where the whole US game from yesterday has been posted? I want to watch it.
If you have a VPN then CT24 will have the whole replay available.

My wife has been told she is a single Mom this weekend. I regret nothing.

5th one at bottom.

Chytil will be playing in about 8 hours.lol

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
If you have a VPN then CT24 will have the whole replay available.

My wife has been told she is a single Mom this weekend. I regret nothing.

5th one at bottom.

Chytil will be playing in about 8 hours.lol
Sweet, thank you! Of course I do not spend life without VPN so I will watch it!

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Spoilers

period 1 - anxiety
period 2 - joy
period 3 - call 911, I'm dying
Me last night:

Anxiety, fear, heart palpitations.

Took sleeping pills because of my early morning work commitment.

Didn’t work, too exited. Saw most of the first period I think.

Sleeping pills kicked in.

Woke up in the middle of the night seeing we won 1-0.

Too tired and bamboozled from the sleeping pills to read any article about it.

Kept waking up every hour thinking about the fact that we won.

Still too tired to read anything.

Had terribly taxing work thing early in the morning, feeling like I had been run over by a train.

Afterwards started reading and posting stuff from the office.

• Haha

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Me last night:

Anxiety, fear, heart palpitations.

Took sleeping pills because of my early morning work commitment.

Didn’t work, too exited. Saw most of the first period I think.

Sleeping pills kicked in.

Woke up in the middle of the night seeing we won 1-0.

Too tired and bamboozled from the sleeping pills to read any article about it.

Kept waking up every hour thinking about the fact that we won.

Still too tired to read anything.

Had terribly taxing work thing early in the morning, feeling like I had been run over by a train.

Afterwards started reading and posting stuff from the office.
No one recognizes how hard this tourney has been on the Czech HF posters... we are the real heroes IMO.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
No one recognizes how hard this tourney has been on the Czech HF posters... we are the real heroes IMO.
Some might say the greatest heroes.

I mean, just the time and effort it takes me to switch back from US VPN to Japanese wifi so I can watch the live games on YouTube. Exhausting! Heroic.

Saablic

Feb 8, 2017
Czech Republic
Beating Switzerland after they beat us earlier
Man, I´d like to our team face them in the final. Finally, we could face them with our top players as well. Altough we are not at absolute full power, it could be a different story than in a group stage. They have really amazing team, I have to admit. Edit: in the final, that means beating SWE in the 1st place of course :D

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Man, I´d like to our team face them in the final. Finally, we could face them with our top players as well. Altough we are not at absolute full power, it could be a different story than in a group stage. They have really amazing team, I have to admit. Edit: in the final, that means beating SWE in the 1st place of course :D
I think they will give Canada a really good match. Josi is unbelievable and will probably play 40 minutes. Just wish they had an NHL goalie and I know their goalie has been great.

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
Have to say I have been enjoying this year's world cup. The Czechs are tremendous hosts and lovely people. Such a shame I can't attend any games this year. Can't wait to come to Prague again.

Jagr is my spirit animal and I always root for Česko (except when they play Switzerland :D). Hope to meet you in the final!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716601458486.png

Swedes have owned us here... I missed 2010. Nonetheless.. pure Swedish dominance. I will cheer to the end but am very aware they are massive favs!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Sweden has been steamrolling so far. Haven't seen them play, but hard to give us much of a chance against them. Plus I'm working a food stand at a neighbourhood festival so I'm going to be forced to watch on someone's phone and be listening for the cheers from the nearby pubs :(

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, I can't f***en believe it.

We are no a nice run to be honest.

U20 - silver and bronze back to back and have beaten Finns, Swedes, US and Canucks in elimination/medal games to do it.
Hlinka - lost in finals for a silver
Skoda's - Bronze 2 years ago and silver here

We got Zacha in a Czech jersey. The jerseys have the proper crest. We even have a blue variation.

I think this means we all owe Hadamczak an apology.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad