WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
and it isn't like we got some easy draw... like Nagano and 2010.. we had to run the table.

Swipes

Ice Hockey World Champions 2024!
Apr 13, 2010
Alright. Olympic gold next? ;)

I gotta say, Krejcik was really good as people said. I think having watched the national team for 20+ years, I've never seen such a committed hard-working performance. That second goal was proof of that. So impressed with the team and Rulik. I hope they can build on this and continue to do well, our hockey really needs it!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716765496648.png

Rulik ran the lines.. unbelievable.

Gudas ended up with the most but it was 15 to 21 minutes for the three pairs. Scotka didn't see much but that is to be expected... I think he was there in case Krejcik couldn't continue.

Forwards were led by, you guessed it, Pavel Zacha. Sorry, Gold Medalist Pavel Zacha.

I think marty and I should have to buy Lenc and Scotka jerseys.lol

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
View attachment 876127

Rulik ran the lines.. unbelievable.

Gudas ended up with the most but it was 15 to 21 minutes for the three pairs. Scotka didn't see much but that is to be expected... I think he was there in case Krejcik couldn't continue.

Forwards were led by, you guessed it, Pavel Zacha. Sorry, Gold Medalist Pavel Zacha.

I think marty and I should have to buy Lenc and Scotka jerseys.lol

I thought you would be too drunk to post right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Kari Jalonen did something good there, brought the way of playing which Finland used and the result you can see in this tournament.
Yes, by getting rid of a lot that Jalonen did, we were able to win. That cowardly, defensive, defeatist, uncreative style was so awful to watch and not at all suited to our team. Getting the team to play so awfully that they managed to lose for the historically first time to some teams (Austria, Latvia, maybe one more?) was his greatest achievement as it was then impossible for the federation not to fire him. That enabled Rulik to come in and do his thing.

Kari was a really nice guy, all Czech fans liked him a lot as a person. But his style of hockey was just not suited to our team. And some of his selections?!! My goodness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fil and Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
A small evaluation of a few specific people from the team..
Dostál - he shut up many naysayers and showed that this is already the best Czech goalkeeper.
Krejčík - pretty much shut me up too. I didn't expect him to handle it like this. He only played one bad game, otherwise good.
Špaček - he surprised me, even though he mostly missed on the blue line at the beginning of the tournament, he went up and played like a greaser in the end.
Gudas - I was afraid that he would be excluded unnecessarily, he should have been with the USA, but he got away with it.
Otherwise, he played his own game, so good. The rest of the defense is surprisingly good, otherwise. Including Kundrátek, of which I am of course proud.
Kubalík - I'm glad that Rulík did not follow the advice of many and took him to the championship.
Kaše - he showed what kind of player he is and the NHL is fighting for him.
Červenka - he played well, but he probably shouldn't have been in the all stars, it would have suited Palát or Kaše better. But hey, a title is a title.
Boston duo - nothing to complain about, they raised the fest. And they certainly raised the already high self-confidence of the team, which was evident.
Beránek - what he played and how he played it will go down in history as an example of a 4 line player.
Rulík - for me the main factor of success, the teams he trained recently, so it was an incredible buzz. He heavily greased not only couch potatoes, but also a large part of journalists who criticized him after the nomination. It is no coincidence that players who under other coaches often played at most average in the championships, played fantastically here.

Last edited:

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
A small evaluation of a few specific people from the team..
Dostál - he shut up many naysayers and showed that this is already the best Czech goalkeeper.
Krejčík - pretty much shut me up too. I didn't expect him to handle it like this. He only played one bad game, otherwise good.
Špaček - he surprised me, even though he mostly missed on the blue line at the beginning of the tournament, he went up and played like a greaser in the end.
Gudas - I was afraid that he would be excluded unnecessarily, he should have been with the USA, but he got away with it.
Otherwise, he played his own game, so good. The rest of the defense is surprisingly good, otherwise. Including Kundrátek, of which I am of course proud.
Kubalík - I'm glad that Rulík did not follow the advice of many and took him to the championship.
Kaše - he showed what kind of player he is and the NHL is fighting for him.
Červenka - he played well, but he probably shouldn't have been in the all stars, it would have suited Palát or Kaše better. But hey, a title is a title.
Boston duo - nothing to complain about, they raised the fest. And they certainly raised the already high self-confidence of the team, which was evident.
Beránek - what he played and how he played it will go down in history as an example of a 4 line player.
Rulík - for me the main factor of success, the teams he trained recently, so it was an incredible buzz. He heavily greased not only couch potatoes, but also a large part of journalists who criticized him after the nomination. It is no coincidence that players who under other coaches often played at most average in the championships, played fantastically here.
Good write-up. Agreed.

Hi das was excellent. He played very responsibly 99% of the time. Against Sweden he was penalised for being Gudas, basically. Made a perfectly clean play but got 2 minutes anyway. Plus it was during the phase the referees were trying furiously to compensate for missing the Rutta thing.

Cervenka was great as usual, and he was our point leader, but I didn’t get his inclusion in the all-star team, either. I am very happy he is getting recognition, plus I want to see as many Czechs as possible in the all-star team but there were others who were more fundamental to the team, like Necas. Or was it simply based on his position as compared to other players at the tournament in his position?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Good write-up. Agreed.

Hi das was excellent. He played very responsibly 99% of the time. Against Sweden he was penalised for being Gudas, basically. Made a perfectly clean play but got 2 minutes anyway. Plus it was during the phase the referees were trying furiously to compensate for missing the Rutta thing.

Cervenka was great as usual, and he was our point leader, but I didn’t get his inclusion in the all-star team, either. I am very happy he is getting recognition, plus I want to see as many Czechs as possible in the all-star team but there were others who were more fundamental to the team, like Necas. Or was it simply based on his position as compared to other players at the tournament in his position?
Yes, definitely agree. Nečas was definitely a more important player, probably the fact that he didn't play the whole tournament, actually only played half of it. So this is certainly understandable. So it was really recognition of Červenka for his entire great career in the national team. It's actually beautiful..:D

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Yes, definitely agree. Nečas was definitely a more important player, probably the fact that he didn't play the whole tournament, actually only played half of it. So this is certainly understandable. So it was really recognition of Červenka for his entire great career in the national team. It's actually beautiful..:D
I love the man so very happy for him!! Just saying that, strictly speaking, etc etc

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Hats off to Rulik. The team fired on all cylinders. Of course a lot of luck but that is a part of that. I don't think we would win this or even get out of the QF without all those late NHL additions but even without them they played their asses off and to win it all with that defense is simply unreal. To see Kundratek beasting out there in the final was really something.

patas92

Nov 29, 2019
Apologies to the coaching staff for questioning the nomination. Apologies to Kempny and Krejcik for calling them our worst Dmens after game with Canada (because they both were HUGE in medal games).

I really hope we found our Jukka Jalonen in Rulik and that this is not just some one-off success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad