WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I agree that they don't have forwards to support him, but he is not playing his best at the moment.

We don't know what the reason for that is, but if it's an injury then we won't see him at the World's. I am not too optimistic about him coming should Boston lose.

Regular season he was good yes, but I'm referring to his play in the playoffs, which hasn't been good.
Oh don't even start about him playing through injury. If he gets kicked out two years in a row before the World's and not come couse he got injured in the PO, I would be mighty pissed. There is no way we have such a bad luck lol.

It's just a very defensive and tactical series, no one is scoring much there.

Vancouver is through and Vegas is 3:3 amazing.

Hertl is kinda silent in the PO too. And Hronek ? Guy probably had his last point somewhere around Christmas lol, don't know what happened to him

Reactions: Czechboy and Swipes

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

So we are going with the euro squad today against the NHL packed Sweden, This could hurt lol, but we will see.

Good thing is that this may be the sign that the NHL guys are safe and wont be cut lol, at least I hope. Strange not putting Sedlak and Vozenilek in. Hope Vozenilek wont get to the final nomination based on one game like last year, and then again completely suck at final tournament

• Haha
Reactions: Goodman68

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

So we are going with the euro squad today against the NHL packed Sweden, This could hurt lol, but we will see.

Good thing is that this may be the sign that the NHL guys are safe and wont be cut lol, at least I hope. Strange not putting Sedlak and Vozenilek in. Hope Vozenilek wont get to the final nomination based on one game like last year, and then again completely suck at final tournament

we just have 1 d from NHL in this game, that is Pettersson.

GMvI-vHWwAEYTlH

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
we just have 1 d from NHL in this game, that is Pettersson.

GMvI-vHWwAEYTlH
Yse but Eriksson ek, Burakovsky, Holtz, Olofsson, Zetterlund :D We got half NHLer Vrana thats all :D

But its a friendly so it doesnt matter and I am glad no NHL guy except for Gudas and GKs of course are at an injury risk.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
On the other hand I am not sure if this tactics where we still have milion guys in the team and every game we have a completelly different squad is so good either. At this point I think the team should be at almost full strenght in a state in which he will go to the final tournament, so the guys can play with each other and get used to each other.

This way no is playing with anyone, and next friday it will basically be their first game together, which I dont think is good.

But what do I know lol, I said earlier I am still believing in Rulik, that he knows what he is doing lol.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
So,

1. Cervenka - Spacek - Kase
2. Vrana - Tomasek - Chlapik

These lines we could possibly see in WC. Then the two other potentially "normal lines" in

Palat - Sedlak - Kubalik
Vozenilek - Nosek - Zohorna

has been given the day off, to see which ones "of the rest" makes the best impressions today and could make the team. Thats my guess.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
So,

1. Cervenka - Spacek - Kase
2. Vrana - Tomasek - Chlapik

These lines we could possibly see in WC. Then the two other potentially "normal lines" in

Palat - Sedlak - Kubalik
Vozenilek - Nosek - Zohorna

has been given the day off, to see which ones "of the rest" makes the best impressions today and could make the team. Thats my guess.
Probably the most balanced attack we've had in a decade. Not scary but balanced.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I think that after two thirds it was at least decided that Hájek will not go to the championship, I hope. Well, I'm asking Mr. Voženílek for confirmation for the nomination tomorrow. Sorry mučedníku:laugh:

• Haha

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
solid offence without any sniper.. Kubalík and Vrána out of form with average or even below average seasons.. and euro guys like Kaše, Špaček and Červenka also dissapointed when it comes to production in those friendlies.

with Kulich or Blumel that offence would be better and you would have guys who likes driving the net and shoot.
but i like your overall game so far, Rulík looks like to be really good coach for years to come.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
solid offence without any sniper.. Kubalík and Vrána out of form with average or even below average seasons.. and euro guys like Kaše, Špaček and Červenka also dissapointed when it comes to production in those friendlies.

with Kulich or Blumel that offence would be better and you would have guys who likes driving the net and shoot.
but i like your overall game so far, Rulík looks like to be really good coach for years to come.
But we dont want Kulich, we dont need Kulich. Nedved said so :)

• Haha

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Soo we lost two friendlies, that nothing terrible, that happens, better to lose not then next week. What is terrible, that we massively outshoted our opponents in both games (39:16 against Finns, 34:12 against Swedes) and we managed to score only 1 goal!!! Thats alarming. We scored 1 out of 73 shots guys.

Boy we need Pasta.

Hope most of the euro guys will end today. As I said yesterday, NHL guys didnt finished much better on thursday, but I am 100% convinced they still have a lot of room for improvement and they will get better with every game. For those guys like Kovarciks, Beranek. Flek, Kondelik etc, this is their ceiling sadly. Cervus also not looking very good, maybe he is too old for this level of hockey.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Soo we lost two friendlies, that nothing terrible, that happens, better to lose not then next week. What is terrible, that we massively outshoted our opponents in both games (39:16 against Finns, 34:12 against Swedes) and we managed to score only 1 goal!!! Thats alarming. We scored 1 out of 73 shots guys.

Boy we need Pasta.

Hope most of the euro guys will end today. As I said yesterday, NHL guys didnt finished much better on thursday, but I am 100% convinced they still have a lot of room for improvement and they will get better with every game. For those guys like Kovarciks, Beranek. Flek, Kondelik etc, this is their ceiling sadly. Cervus also not looking very good, maybe he is too old for this level of hockey.
I love Cervus but he really doesn't look like a threat to score at all. He does nice things but his shot is a muffin and his speed is slowing down. I'm 100% fine if he makes the team but this should probably be it.

What ever happened to Kovar? Not even an invite?

Couldn't agree more.. the Euro guys are at their ceiling and you'd think a few of them could've scored. This is why I hate EHT... you gets guys lighting up and coach convinces himself they are scorers. Then they play Sweden or Finland and can't score shit.

The best is we don't need Kulich after scoring 1 goal in 2 games. He's exactly what we need... fast speedster on line 3 with some PP time.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I love Cervus but he really doesn't look like a threat to score at all. He does nice things but his shot is a muffin and his speed is slowing down. I'm 100% fine if he makes the team but this should probably be it.

What ever happened to Kovar? Not even an invite?

Couldn't agree more.. the Euro guys are at their ceiling and you'd think a few of them could've scored. This is why I hate EHT... you gets guys lighting up and coach convinces himself they are scorers. Then they play Sweden or Finland and can't score shit.

The best is we don't need Kulich after scoring 1 goal in 2 games. He's exactly what we need... fast speedster on line 3 with some PP time.
The problem is that Kulich did not even play a game for the A team. What if such a player failed completely at the gaming championship? None of us are national team coaches and we have no responsibility. It is very easy for us to draw conclusions, even though, unlike them, nothing threatens us. I personally would not have a problem with his nomination, but I understand Rulík's reticence.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The problem is that Kulich did not even play a game for the A team. What if such a player failed completely at the gaming championship? None of us are national team coaches and we have no responsibility. It is very easy for us to draw conclusions, even though, unlike them, nothing threatens us. I personally would not have a problem with his nomination, but I understand Rulík's reticence.
Worst case, we bring him, let him practice and don't add his name at first... let him play a few games and if he sucks, we healthy scratch them. The best.. let him play a few games, he scores a few and Rulik is a hero.

I get your point though. Weirdest nominations in awhile.. really curious about the announcement tomorrow. Hoping to hear Jiricek is coming. And pasta :)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Worst case, we bring him, let him practice and don't add his name at first... let him play a few games and if he sucks, we healthy scratch them. The best.. let him play a few games, he scores a few and Rulik is a hero.

I get your point though. Weirdest nominations in awhile.. really curious about the announcement tomorrow. Hoping to hear Jiricek is coming. And pasta :)
Exactly this. Thats why you have extra players in the team. We can bring him, if he kills it great, if he suck he will be a healthy scractch or 13th attacker. But I have no reason to think why he should have suck, he is excelling two years already amongst men in a very tough league. 90% of the games he would play at WCH wont maybe wont even be at that quality.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And other thing I must say I am not fan of is how huge our squad still is. One game before the tournament and we still have almost two teams full of players.

I believe this last eht cup should work as a way for players to get used to each other, learn how to play together, you know to pick up some possible lines or at least duos which can work at the final tournament etc.

Not having so many players that every game the team look completely different and no one basically haven't played with anyone more then one game yet.

All and all I still believe in Rulik, but getting to be a bit worried about some things to be honest.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
And other thing I must say I am not fan of is how huge our squad still is. One game before the tournament and we still have almost two teams full of players.

I believe this last eht cup should work as a way for players to get used to each other, learn how to play together, you know to pick up some possible lines or at least duos which can work at the final tournament etc.

Not having so many players that every game the team look completely different and no one basically haven't played with anyone more then one game yet.

All and all I still believe in Rulik, but getting to be a bit worried about some things to be honest.
Yup... And 80 percent of the players are interchangeable. Like is there that bigna difference between Scotka and Krejci? Beranek, Flek etc?

I like them all but not sure what they are looking for here. And if pasta and Zacha become available
. That is 2 more guys cut. They might even take Lauko.

Guys I'm curious about

Spacek
Cervus
Stransky
Chlapik

I don't think they all make it. I like all of them but they are all top 6 players...

I do like rulik so will not be too judgey yet. Leafs in 45 minutes and I really hope either Kampf or pasta are coming.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I would take Kampf 100% and hope to hear his name announced.

Happy for Pasta TBH.... I don't like their chances against Florida so we may still see him.

Please announce Jiricek!

Minipizza

Jun 4, 2021
I hope there is no bad feelings between Kampf and Gudas after the huge hit during the playoffs last year..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hmm looks like Pasta really didn't want to come lol.

What can we do we are f***ed, seeing how "good" our offense is right now, this is gonna be a big struggle sadly.

Damn so close. Not believing much that miraculously all that euro attackers start putting up one goal after another next week lol.

We must be the f***in most unlucky team of all right now lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Kampf would be a nice addition but at the current state of the team not much of an improvement. Another defensive guy, who don't score much.

He will definitely not make much difference then Pasta with Zacha would do.

Damn I am so pissed lol, in OT no less, f***in bad luck. Two years in a row we bringing a team with no star. Kinda worried we gonna embarrass ourselves in front of the home fans.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad