2024 Copa América

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Womp womp… it’s a foul and deserved card you can’t kick a ball on to a player but I guess it’s ok if he’s Argentinian. Anyway Evilo I’ll start a go fund me for your therapy. Someone killed you puppy in Qatar.
Fine if thats a card but based on that the ref missed a couple of obvious yellow cards on Argentina.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
As someone who adamantly supported Argentina during the World Cup and was thrilled to see Messi capture his crown, I will be rooting for the other side in the finals.

I can't possibly cheer for De Paul anymore. Is there no self respect on the Argentinian team? Kids just grow up softer there I supposed.

Probably why there economy is absolutely tanked where 1 CAD used to equal 11 ARS and now it equals 650+ HAHAHAH. Might do some ski touring there next fall with how cheap it'll be for me.
Best trip I did money wise was in Argentina. 5 star hotels + fine dining restaurant at ridiculously low price. We got our money directly from the street and not the bank though.

Reactions: J bo Jeans

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You have notifications turned on ready to pounce on any negative comment towards Argentina in a HOCKEY FORUM😂😂
I post here regularly for over a decade. But ok.
Fine if thats a card but based on that the ref missed a couple of obvious yellow cards on Argentina.
And? Who cares. What’s clear is that most of you lot aren’t used to Conembol football. Nothing was out of ordinary. The worst tackle was made by Davids and again no one here mentioned it. I wonder why. Despite that I said the ref was fine. The game was played fair and square and Canada lost. You can just admit the better team won no?

Reactions: BMann

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
It's part of the game sadly. De Paul is a no talent clown so f him but it's really sad when truly great players demean themselves and the game like this (Robben and Neymar come to mind)

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I post here regularly for over a decade. But ok.

And? Who cares. What’s clear is that most of you lot aren’t used to Conembol football. Nothing was out of ordinary. The worst tackle was made by Davids and again no one here mentioned it. I wonder why. Despite that I said the ref was fine. The game was played fair and square and Canada lost. You can just admit the better team won no?
Of course the better team won. And many posters on this board are fans of Argentina if not playing Canada. But nothing wrong with pointing out some obvious errors by the ref.

BUT you seem to be the chief whiner in here. What's your problem especially when your team won. How about showing some maturity for a change?

Reactions: Pink Mist

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course the better team won. And many posters on this board are fans of Argentina if not playing Canada. But nothing wrong with pointing out some obvious errors by the ref.

BUT you seem to be the chief whiner in here. What's your problem especially when your team won. How about showing some maturity for a change?
Pointing out errors that wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the match and go see who i quoted it’s mostly Madrid fanboys who are oblivious to their own team.

What whining I’m calling out certain posters who have a habit of this when it comes to Argentina or Messi winning anything. Maturity for a change is interesting given I never had an interaction with you ever.

Reactions: BMann

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford

The biggest whiner is Marsch. Should have been sent to the stands. David studded Romero in the thigh and that wasn't an issue at all. I'm disappointed de Paul has to roll around all the time but he's certainly not untalented just getting to be over the hill.

Scaloni needs to move him on but there's a wealth of talent to replace him in midfield. Varela, Equi Fernandez and Perrone.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The biggest whiner is Marsch. Should have been sent to the stands. David studded Romero in the thigh and that wasn't an issue at all. I'm disappointed de Paul has to roll around all the time but he's certainly not untalented just getting to be over the hill.

Scaloni needs to move him on but there's a wealth of talent to replace him in midfield. Varela, Equi Fernandez and Perrone.
Disagree. He’s not done yet and no one can bring in his work rate bar Palacios maybe.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Just saw the De Paul incidents.
Actions like that should warrant bans. Faking a foul on a tackle that doesn't even brush him and then faking a stab in the back for a ball...
Well done Kone, he immediately becomes a fan favourite in L1.

Yawn. It's not as if any of the French players roll around and pretend they have been injured with an extraordinary knowledge of anatomy that defies normality. Theo Hernandez for example. France are lucky they weren't completely humped in Qatar 4 or 5-0 and that thanks only to Scaloni's yet again late substitutions. Something he still hasn't learnt from.

France have been terribly boring at the Euro's. Zero creativity.

Pitches at the Copa, turf overlaid with grass have been awful for sides that like to play one touch passing football.

Reactions: Tryamw

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Pointing out errors that wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the match and go see who i quoted it’s mostly Madrid fanboys who are oblivious to their own team.

What whining I’m calling out certain posters who have a habit of this when it comes to Argentina or Messi winning anything. Maturity for a change is interesting given I never had an interaction with you ever.
You have made numerous posts calling out and in many cases insulting anyone that has said anything remotely negative about the reffing or the game. Nothing worse than a sore winner.

Reactions: Pink Mist

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Disagree. He’s not done yet and no one can bring in his work rate bar Palacios maybe.

Equi, Varela, Saralegui,, Perrone are all options to replace him in the near future. All can cover the entire central midfield, be progressive but also win the ball. He's been far from his best this Copa. A better game from him last night minus the rolling around and a couple of poor passes but the team overall has been a shadow of what it was in 22.

Possibly because of a long season, several players coming off injuries, Messi being a passenger at times with no press, the awful pitch and Scaloni still with this weakness of negative subs and very late on in matches.

Last night he should have brought on Palacios, Lautaro, Garnacho to get Alvarez, di Maria and de Paul time off to rest up for the final and stay positive. Still don't understand why he also persisted with Garnacho on the left in the sole game he played.

Thankfully whatever happens on Sunday a lot of the old guard will be gone and the young exciting talent can come in. No room for sentiment in this although I hope we could still see Messi in 26 as some sort of supersub as it's 2030 when we will see Echeverri, Parmo and Mastantuono the three brightest CM/AM talents in Argentina ready to go.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Pathetic from RDP. Should be banned for the final.
What is the argument for FIFA not handing out cards for cheating after the games anyways? If a clown like De Paul knows he can get dinged and suspended for the final after the fact, you can't tell me that is not going to have an effect on players.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
David was carded for his challenge. No card on the Davies injury as he went right through his ankle. There has to be some balance here.

I thought Argentina were their usual entertaining selves however and hope they win. Should be a good one tonight.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You said faking a foul after being brushed then acting like he got stabbed. Alzheimer’s hitting hard these days for my friend.

Imagine thinking Argentina is soft… real classy to take a cheap shot at actual people suffering over a game. Kick rocks you clown.
Yes the huge dive. Not the ball (where he did fake as well).
Two separate incidents. Both tiles terrible acting.

Poor guy insulting others while being unable to read.

Yawn. It's not as if any of the French players roll around and pretend they have been injured with an extraordinary knowledge of anatomy that defies normality. Theo Hernandez for example. France are lucky they weren't completely humped in Qatar 4 or 5-0 and that thanks only to Scaloni's yet again late substitutions. Something he still hasn't learnt from.

France have been terribly boring at the Euro's. Zero creativity.

Pitches at the Copa, turf overlaid with grass have been awful for sides that like to play one touch passing football.
OK wonderful crap.

Now can we please come back to the issue?
De Paul faked an injury after a tackle that didn't touch him and then faked a stab in the back for a ball hitting softly his back.

Anything to say about this?

Bring receipts
We'll me for starters because you can't read.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
DePaul was embarassing I’ll just leave at that. On the game, clearly the better team won, thought the ref missed a card on the injury to Davies. Argentina looks tired, Canada needs to develop more skill players up front, playmakers someone to feed David the ball. Larin is cooked, Laryea not quality enough. Canada have improved, they have momentum going forward. They gotta punch through the next level and develop finishers. Cause they need to start scoring on their chances

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
also Canada have to start getting better at moving the ball from the back end instead of just booting it down the field. I found that Argentina was having way too easy forcing turnovers. But hey overall Canada did well in this tournament. Just things to build on and get better

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes the huge dive. Not the ball (where he did fake as well).
Two separate incidents. Both tiles terrible acting.

Poor guy insulting others while being unable to read.

OK wonderful crap.

Now can we please come back to the issue?
De Paul faked an injury after a tackle that didn't touch him and then faked a stab in the back for a ball hitting softly his back.

Anything to say about this?

We'll me for starters because you can't read.
You said he faked a foul then acted like he was stabbed… hardly can blame me for thinking it was the same incident. You defended players like zlatan and Neymar despite their clownish behaviour but you want seemingly a life time ban for RDP. If that’s the threshold half the footballers would be banned.

Yes I included you in those who have a habit of posting about Argentina. You are incapable of moving on from Qatar even after years. It’s pathetic. Every post since then about Argentina is you trashing them. So spare me.
The fact that Argentina has to resort to cheap theatrics like that against weak nations like CANADA is embarrassing lol

Should be ashamed about that
Nah we’re ok. We could’ve played another 2 full games and Canada wouldn’t have scored I don’t think. They have zero technical ability and it showed yesterday.

Internet is scarce here, so enjoy the final for Euros.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You said he faked a foul then acted like he was stabbed… hardly can blame me for thinking it was the same incident. You defended players like zlatan and Neymar despite their clownish behaviour but you want seemingly a life time ban for RDP. If that’s the threshold half the footballers would be banned.

Yes I included you in those who have a habit of posting about Argentina. You are incapable of moving on from Qatar even after years. It’s pathetic. Every post since then about Argentina is you trashing them. So spare me.

Nah we’re ok. We could’ve played another 2 full games and Canada wouldn’t have scored I don’t think. They have zero technical ability and it showed yesterday.

Internet is scarce here, so enjoy the final for Euros.
At some point you have to read properly and stop attacking others because of your own blindness.
I wrote incidentS.
Then I wrote about the two incidentS.

Then don't try to defend your own i'aboliry to understand a simple phrase by trying to throw Zlatan or Neymar into the discussion when they have nothing to do with it (and frankly laughable to try to include them)

And finally, lost for any word to crawl back from your own mistakes you talk about life bans...

Then bringing up Qatar after that, man... Get a life.
You insult me because you can't read.
So breathe a little and apologize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad