2024 CHL Import Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I’m so confused, I don’t think he’s been selected in the CHL import draft last year, so even if Blainville wants him couldn’t he still get selected by another team on Wednesday?
Technically he could be. However the CHL Import isn't really a draft. It's often agents cooking up deals with CHL teams. This post would seem to indicate that Vecvangs has a deal in place with Blainville. It doesn't prevent another team from taking him but it's fairly unlikely someone will do that

JapanesePopstar

Sep 29, 2021
Strongly expect some team to draft Vasili Zelenov. Maybe Leon Kolarik and Fabian Baumann would be also interesting for some teams. That should be it from the Austrian side unless someone takes a swing at some younger guys.

Reactions: kabidjan18

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
Technically he could be. However the CHL Import isn't really a draft. It's often agents cooking up deals with CHL teams. This post would seem to indicate that Vecvangs has a deal in place with Blainville. It doesn't prevent another team from taking him but it's fairly unlikely someone will do that
Yeah I mean, it just happened literally last year with Juraj Pekarcik wanting to come over to a team of his choice and Bathurst poaching him instead; causing him to go to the USHL. Just seems weird for someone to announce a team’s plans; I bet they’re not very happy about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad