2024 CHL Import Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I’m so confused, I don’t think he’s been selected in the CHL import draft last year, so even if Blainville wants him couldn’t he still get selected by another team on Wednesday?
Technically he could be. However the CHL Import isn't really a draft. It's often agents cooking up deals with CHL teams. This post would seem to indicate that Vecvangs has a deal in place with Blainville. It doesn't prevent another team from taking him but it's fairly unlikely someone will do that

Reactions: David Suzuki

JapanesePopstar

Sep 29, 2021
Strongly expect some team to draft Vasili Zelenov. Maybe Leon Kolarik and Fabian Baumann would be also interesting for some teams. That should be it from the Austrian side unless someone takes a swing at some younger guys.

Reactions: kabidjan18

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
Technically he could be. However the CHL Import isn't really a draft. It's often agents cooking up deals with CHL teams. This post would seem to indicate that Vecvangs has a deal in place with Blainville. It doesn't prevent another team from taking him but it's fairly unlikely someone will do that
Yeah I mean, it just happened literally last year with Juraj Pekarcik wanting to come over to a team of his choice and Bathurst poaching him instead; causing him to go to the USHL. Just seems weird for someone to announce a team’s plans; I bet they’re not very happy about it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I am hearing Windsor will select Washington prospect Ilya Protas.

There were rumours (interview with the Caps AGM who runs their draft) that he's seriously considering that route, given how well that worked out for his brother. So it does make sense.

Reactions: dr1234

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
The CHL website has updated the draft order by labelling the teams that are making passes...It's interesting to see that Everett is passing both of their picks which is strange since they would've had an open spot. Guess either they have acquired another import or else Dominik Rymon will be back as a 20 year old. Interesting to see what happens there.

Strummer53

Sep 11, 2021
Couple of interesting ones out if the WHL East. Regina is set to pick which means Barcik or Huet are out? SC to pick twice which questions what is happening with Dvorak.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Looks like another Czech import draft.
15 picks in (only 14 picks made) 6 Czechs selected.
2 Russians, 2 Slovaks and one each from Sweden, Belarus, Finland and Switzerland

Reactions: Czechboy

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Realistically how many of these guys will come over and play in the CHL?
Even with high picks, it can be more of a play with “if they do decide to come over, we have a very good player or valuable asset on our hands.” Simon Nemec was drafted fourth overall and never came over. Adam Sykora went first overall 2 years ago and never played in the CHL

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Panocha is interesting. Drafted last year already.

Sansonnens drafted as well. I got this one right. I think he's gonna commit 100%.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What’s Gredig’s role going to look like this year in Davos? Any chance he decides on a move to North America ?
I was wondering about him (and Sansonnens) in the NHL draft thread. I figured Sansonnens would be on the move and the fact that he got drafted means that I was right.

Not sure about Gredig. Davos lost some vets and is committed to the development of their kids. He'll have an increased role if healthy (which I'm not sure if it's the case). Having said that, I think the Rangers would prefer him to play in NA and they want him to play Center. Not sure if he's gonna get the chance to do that in Davos. I think he's always been a winger, even at junior level.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
24 of the 28 WHL picks from last years import draft came over. The higher they're taken the more likely though
I think in most cases you can make an educated guess based on draft position and standing of the player.

Biggest hope pick so far is Emil Hemming at 15. At least for me it looks like a gamble but I don't have any info about the player's plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad