Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Blues Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Jiricek shouldn't be in these games imo, he's just here to skate with the other players to get part of the camp experience while getting access to the Blues training staff and medical professionals to monitor his recovery before allowing his junior team to throw him right into 23+ minutes a game. The Blues are protecting their asset by keeping him here for the moment and DA says as much in the interview.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Assuming there is no way to watch the game tonight?

Blues Preseason Streaming Schedule CT Available Platforms

Sept. 21 at Dallas - 6 p.m. | stlouisblues.com, Blues App, Victory+

Sept. 22 at Utah - 6 p.m. | stlouisblues.com, Blues App

Sept. 25 at Columbus - 6 p.m. | stlouisblues.com, Blues App, Victory+

Sept. 28 vs. Chicago - 6 p.m. | stlouisblues.com, Blues App, Victory+

Oct. 1 vs. Columbus - 7 p.m. | stlouisblues.com, Blues App, Victory+

Oct. 3 vs. Dallas - 7 p.m. | stlouisblues.com, Blues App, Victory+

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I see a lot of Blues fans seeing Bolduc in the starting line up, is it wishful thinking or realistic?

Realistic. He played 25 games last year at the end of the season and looked good. Our GM has specifically said he has a good chance to come in and grab a role, with his usual caveats that he has to grab it. But I'd say he has him written in the lineup in pencil, not pen, but still written in there.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I know the European seasons start earlier but I wish the Blues could have had Stenberg and Lindstein for at least part of camp. I have seen them at prospect camp but really want to watch them at full camp/preseason and see how they measure up.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Jiricek shouldn't be in these games imo, he's just here to skate with the other players to get part of the camp experience while getting access to the Blues training staff and medical professionals to monitor his recovery before allowing his junior team to throw him right into 23+ minutes a game. The Blues are protecting their asset by keeping him here for the moment and DA says as much in the interview.
My main hope for Jiricek is that he's eating all the T-ravs he can get here to fill out his frame before heading to juniors. :laugh:

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Whether Holloway plays on the 3rd or the top 6, I'm excited that we have someone that should be able to play up and down the lineup and can bring the speed to any line. It would be great if he could follow that Barbashev path.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What's the blues plans for

Dalibor Dvorský this season

I'd put a lot of money on him spending majority of the season with Springfield, I think ideally, Army wants him down there all year. If we are bad again, and out of the playoffs, there's a chance we'll see him after the deadline like we did last season with Bolduc and Dean, but last season, Army said he wanted both of them to have spent their entire year in Springfield.

While he's not ready, Army has made comments more or less saying, even if he was really impressing, he'd still probably start in the AHL. He regretted having Neighbours up in the past, thinking it ultimately wasn't fair to him. That for young players, they go all out in camp to make the team since it's their Cup, and vets are there to just get ready for the season, meaning young players probably look better than they really are in comparison to the vets.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I'd put a lot of money on him spending majority of the season with Springfield, I think ideally, Army wants him down there all year. If we are bad again, and out of the playoffs, there's a chance we'll see him after the deadline like we did last season with Bolduc and Dean, but last season, Army said he wanted both of them to have spent their entire year in Springfield.

While he's not ready, Army has made comments more or less saying, even if he was really impressing, he'd still probably start in the AHL. He regretted having Neighbours up in the past, thinking it ultimately wasn't fair to him. That for young players, they go all out in camp to make the team since it's their Cup, and vets are there to just get ready for the season, meaning young players probably look better than they really are in comparison to the vets.
Appreciate it. Not an overly fast guy I noticed with the wolves. Needs time and space.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Appreciate it. Not an overly fast guy I noticed with the wolves. Needs time and space.
Yep. From early impressions, I get the sense that he has to get a feel for the pro game for him to play his game. Sort of like a Ryan O'Reilly, where the speed isn't there, but does a lot of little things to dictate the pace around him.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Yep. From early impressions, I get the sense that he has to get a feel for the pro game for him to play his game. Sort of like a Ryan O'Reilly, where the speed isn't there, but does a lot of little things to dictate the pace around him.
Yes he's pretty good with the puck on his stick. I guess AHL it is. Cant see him returning to junior but I guess you never know.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Excited about Lukas Fischer. I might have put him too low on this summer's list, here was my top 12 from late July. (Kessel is graduated, he is absolutely an NHLer at this point)

1. Dvorsky
2. Lindstein
3. Jiricek
4. Stenberg
5. Snuggerud
6. L. Fischer
7. Bolduc
8. Pecarcik
9. Stancl
10. Dean
11. Kos
12. Jecho