Pre-Game Talk: 2024 Blues Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
By process of elimination, Group C(let's see how close I am on the lines):
Neighbours-Schenn-Walker
Alexandrov-Dvorsky-Peca
MacEachern-Stancl-Bitten
Dorion-Jecho

Suter-Kessel
Harrington-Skinner
Buchinger-Burns
Fischer

Hofer
Zherenko

Edit- Sure; now they release it.

I’d guess for the forwards it’s

Neighbours-Dvorsky-Schenn
Walker-Alexandrov-MacEachern
Stancl-Peca-Jecho
Bitten-Dorion

I agree on the defense, but wouldn’t be shocked if Buchinger and Skinner are swapped.

Reactions: tfriede2

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I’d guess for the forwards it’s

Neighbours-Dvorsky-Schenn
Walker-Alexandrov-MacEachern
Stancl-Peca-Jecho
Bitten-Dorion

I agree on the defense, but wouldn’t be shocked if Buchinger and Skinner are swapped.
You win.
Per JR:
Schenn-Dvorsky-Neighbours
MacEachern-Alexandrov-Walker
Stancl-Jecho-Bitten/Peca

Suter-Kessel
Buchinger-Skinner
Burns-Harrington
Fischer

Hofer
Zherenko

Not sure where Dorion is(not that he's going to be in camp very long).

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou
Saad-Buchnevich-Kapanen
Holloway-Faksa-Joseph
Texier-Dean-Toropchenko
Robertsson-McGing-Sylvegard

Perunovich-Parayko
Broberg-Faulk
Suter-Kessel
Leddy-Joseph
Tucker-Johannesson

I know day one doesn’t mean much, but I grouped together the lines of roster players and guys who have a chance of playing games with the team this year. Didn’t include Sunny’s line because he’s not doing much during camp, and Pekarcik/Peterson won’t be on the team.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou
Saad-Buchnevich-Kapanen
Holloway-Faksa-Joseph
Texier-Dean-Toropchenko
Robertsson-McGing-Sylvegard

Perunovich-Parayko
Broberg-Faulk
Suter-Kessel
Leddy-Joseph
Tucker-Johannesson

I know day one doesn’t mean much, but I grouped together the lines of roster players and guys who have a chance of playing games with the team this year. Didn’t include Sunny’s line because he’s not doing much during camp, and Pekarcik/Peterson won’t be on the team.

I think the D pairs are telling. Have Broberg-Faulk and Suter-Kessel get used to each other as I envision them as our main 2nd and 3rd pair. Leddy and Paryko as our first pair don't need to work on chemistry and can instead mentor our younger guys fighting for 7th D spot.

On Forwards, that might be our top line with Thomas. But I don't see Dvorsky sticking on the team given Army's comments about going slow and regrets of keeping Neighbours up. I expect those lines to get shuffled a lot during camp.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think the D pairs are telling. Have Broberg-Faulk and Suter-Kessel get used to each other as I envision them as our main 2nd and 3rd pair. Leddy and Paryko as our first pair don't need to work on chemistry and can instead mentor our younger guys fighting for 7th D spot.

On Forwards, that might be our top line with Thomas. But I don't see Dvorsky sticking on the team given Army's comments about going slow and regrets of keeping Neighbours up. I expect those lines to get shuffled a lot during camp.

I agree with everything here!

As far as Dvorsky, Army said yesterday he’d be lined up with higher end players during camp, so I’m not shocked he’s with those two for now.

Bolduc-Thomas-Kyrou has also worked wonders for me before in video game form, so hopefully that translates to real life if it sticks. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Linkens Mastery

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
One interesting nugget from this morning: Armstrong and Stillman both feel this is a playoff team, which is a notably different expectation than last year. They were bang on with their expectations going into last year.

Armstrong gave an answer that was along the lines of "I have sets of independent expectations that necessitate playoffs".

Armstrong suggested we're in 'team building mode' a la 2010-2012, and alluded to his "vision" for this year, which he declined to share in detail, which is interesting to me. The messaging is way different than last year, and very different from years where we were clearly competing for the playoffs. He was very adamant last year that "this roster", "this group of players" is going to have to figure it out and compete. This year, he's much more cagey in how he's referring to the roster.

"Visions" are nearly synonymous with "best case scenarios" — I think there's clearly expectations he's put on himself/the team around how this roster will look coming out of camp vs. the one that (in his mind) will be going to the playoffs. That may mean adding and/or it may be expecting younger players to usurp veterans so that he can recoup picks and get a more final version of "the team" playing together.

I just find it noteworthy that he mentioned his 'secret vision' in such close proximity to how thin our draft is going to be this year/how easy it is to move vets vs young players.
I’m not as worried about whether they make the playoffs, as much as I want the young players coming into the roster, forcing their spots, in an atmosphere of trying to compete at postseason caliber. Im a lot more engaged with this roster this preseason than I was last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad