• Nikita Susuyev

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Was on vacation but mad at myself for missing the first poll. Wouldn’t have made a difference as I would’ve joined nearly everyone with Dvorsky.

For this one I went Snuggy. Ceiling is that of a great goal scorer and power play beast. Last college season, especially the second half, was a little concerning, but was great when he was able to play in the World Juniors and his freshman season was excellent. Still have very high hopes for him in the Ovi/Stamkos spot on the PP.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Looks like Snuggerud has this wrapped up. I'd like to recommend one of Aleksanteri Kaskimaki, Simon Robertsson, Arseni Koromyslov, or Adam Jecho* to the poll. I prefer Jecho, but that's just my opinion.

* = (As an aside, you could do Zherenko next, but y'all know that I never vote for goalies in these polls.)

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I think there's a lot to like about Bolduc. I have him as my number three. I thought he played a really well rounded game to start off with when called up, making sure to play on the right side of the puck and be in good spots defensively. I never saw him cheat to create offense, and at times I thought he was being too careful as not to make a mistake. Then he had that game where he clipped his skates and fell, costing us a goal. After that, I was very impressed by how he picked himself up and started to really turn on the offense too. In a way, I think that mistake was possibly the best thing for him, b/c he finally got it out of the way and could play a looser game. I'm not sure if he's every going to be elite, but he didn't look out of place on Thomas' wing for the last 10 games or so.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Remember when over half this forum was absolutely convinced Dean was the better prospect than Neighbours? Good times.
Dean was coming off a really impressive end to his CHL season and playoffs. I was surprised how seemingly poor his first AHL season was, but seems like something clicked near the end. He might end up being the guy this year that completely outplays his ranking in this poll.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Remember when over half this forum was absolutely convinced Dean was the better prospect than Neighbours? Good times.
I never understood the point of posting like this. I think the overwhelming majority of people felt Neighbours was one of our top 5 prospects and I don't believe Dean was ever higher on that list.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I’d wager position also had a large impact for a lot of people. I had it as a toss up between the two last year and went with Dean due to C>W

I never understood the point of posting like this. I think the overwhelming majority of people felt Neighbours was one of our top 5 prospects and I don't believe Dean was ever higher on that list.
Neighbours won a close vote against Dean for #6 last year, then Dean went #7.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
When I look at the remaining choices a couple names stand out as guys I'm positive will be big contributors. The first is Otto Stenberg and the second is Theo Lindstein, both of these players have the specific pro projectable qualities that I look for so they're a higher tier on my personal list than guys like Snuggerud, Bolduc or Dean. With Jiricek in particular his tools are really nice but I'm not all that big on the '24 class in general and Jiricek is still raw enough I have a tough time nailing down what NHL role he'll be in at this stage of his development.

Stenberg is a future leader here, his impact will far exceed his point totals. Oh and he does indeed play center and beat the chosen No1 prospect in a head to head at the position in scrims two camps running. Whether you have him at C or LW this dude is out to take everybody's lunch money and I'm here for it.

I've upgraded Lindstein from future 3rd or 4th D to future 2nd or 3rd D, the performances on the biggest stages are undeniable and he's got the skill set to handle the most brutal minutes and the toughest assignments.

So Stenberg 2 and Lindstein 3 for me.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
When I look at the remaining choices a couple names stand out as guys I'm positive will be big contributors. The first is Otto Stenberg and the second is Theo Lindstein, both of these players have the specific pro projectable qualities that I look for so they're a higher tier on my personal list than guys like Snuggerud, Bolduc or Dean. With Jiricek in particular his tools are really nice but I'm not all that big on the '24 class in general and Jiricek is still raw enough I have a tough time nailing down what NHL role he'll be in at this stage of his development.

Stenberg is a future leader here, his impact will far exceed his point totals. Oh and he does indeed play center and beat the chosen No1 prospect in a head to head at the position in scrims two camps running. Whether you have him at C or LW this dude is out to take everybody's lunch money and I'm here for it.

I've upgraded Lindstein from future 3rd or 4th D to future 2nd or 3rd D, the performances on the biggest stages are undeniable and he's got the skill set to handle the most brutal minutes and the toughest assignments.

So Stenberg 2 and Lindstein 3 for me.
I agree. I still have Lindstein over Stenberg, but not by a lot. Then I have Snuggy and Stenberg as 3/4. I think if Jiricek was in the 23 class, he goes right around where Stenberg and Lindstein went. Then you take into account they have another year of development and Jiricek is a year behind as well. I think it's Dvo/Lindstein/Snuggy/Stenberg and then a small gap and then Bolduc and Jiricek. Jiricek has potential, but I agree Lindstein to me looks like a rock solid #2 down the road or a high-end #3. Jiricek I don't see #1 potential at all, which people can disagree with. But he was a very clear #7 D prospect, even to our team who tried to move up most likely for Buium. Then being further out, the knee, etc. I'm not talking myself into changing his ceiling in my head just because he's got the Note on him now.

Stenberg, as you said, he the whole toolbox. He's smart, competitive, he produces in tournaments, he's versatile, good at both ends of the ice, really good stick. His floor is so good, and his ceiling might be a little slept on given how much of development is effort and ability to read the play. I'd much rather have a guy like him than a higher skill player who doesn't have the drive and the ability to read the play.

Reactions: TK 421 and HighNote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad