Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ivan Vorobyov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Paul Fischer takes the 17th spot.

Let me know if there’s anyone else you’d like to see added to the polls beyond this.

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (89.8%)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (48.8%)
3. Theo Lindstein (73.1%)
4. Adam Jiricek (41.2%)
5. Zack Bolduc (65.2%)
6. Otto Stenberg (94.4%)
7. Juraj Pekarcik (35.5%)
8. Matt Kessel (58.8%)
9. Zach Dean (77.9%)
10. Vadim Zherenko (40.0%)
11. Lukas Fischer (39.3%)
12. Michael Buchinger (48.3%)
13. Colin Ralph (54.7%)
14. Quinton Burns (22.9%)
15. Ondrej Kos (24.4%)
16. Paul Fischer (27.3%)
17. ?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I went Stancl, Jecho next Kaskimaki after that. At this point its just throwing darts at a dart board though. Went Stancl simply because I though he performed well at World Jrs last year.

Reactions: LogosBlue

STLegend

Blanketing opinions that I'll probably regret soon
Feb 20, 2010
Montanuh
I feel like Susuyev is being slept on based on his draft position and limited viewings. He was the youngest goal scorer in the history of Spartak Moscow (78 years), won an award for most points in KHL for u18 player which has some big names on it for previous years including our very own Vlady Tarasenko.

Stats for a young player in a men's league will never be eye popping but he has been a PPG or better against competition his own age. I think he has the highest ceiling among the last 8 prospects chosen which is what I'm looking for when voting.

His biggest criticism is his defensive play but that doesn't worry me 1 bit. If he can learn to score against men in the 2nd best league then he can work on becoming competent on D later on, it's worked just fine for plenty of other skill players coming from KHL to NHL.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Not sure Stancl’s skating will be good enough for the NHL. If I was voting for one of the big body likely bottom sixers left it would probably be Peterson.

That’s said, went with Ellis here.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Susuyev again. Nobody on this list has his upside and that's what I base my picks on once we get to the depths of the list.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I liked what I saw of Susuyev in that one scrimmage but I view him similarly to Mrsic. If he hits he’s likely more likely to make an impact as some of these other guy as he’s more talented but I think he also has longer odds.

I may go with Peterson here. He lacks hockey sense and skill but he brings well above size and skating. He adapted pretty seamlessly to the AHL. He may only be another Toropchenko type but that’d be better than most that’ll bust.

I see Jecho and Stancl similarly but Peterson is farther along the developmental path.

Kaskimäki has more skill but perhaps a little harder path as he just doesn’t have enough skill to be an NHL top-6 guy IMO. But could pretty easily adapt his game a bit and be a solid 3rd line type.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

blue zone

Apr 14, 2024
I went with Korotky, for similar reasons as Susuyev voters...except, I have a better feeling that he will translate to the NHL.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I may go with Peterson here. He lacks hockey sense and skill but he brings well above size and skating. He adapted pretty seamlessly to the AHL. He may only be another Toropchenko type but that’d be better than most that’ll bust.

I see Jecho and Stancl similarly but Peterson is farther along the developmental path.
Yeah this is really how I see those 3 as well.

I’m really interested to see how Peterson’s season in the AHL goes. After taking the time to marinate in college, I’m cautiously optimistic he’ll be able to translate well to the next level. He has good size and his skating seemed decent in the BU games I got to see.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Springfield is going to be interesting to watch with significantly more prospects and less AHL-pro filler. Curious to see how they perform with all of that youth.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Looking over the remaining choices I'm going with snowballschance over notgonnamakeitanyway. I considered extremelongshot too but snowballs chance really separated himself from the pack due to being the first fake name I came up with.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Looking over the remaining choices I'm going with snowballschance over notgonnamakeitanyway. I considered extremelongshot too but snowballs chance really separated himself from the pack due to being the first fake name I came up with.
Butwhataboutkostin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad