• Jakub Stancl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
This might be one of my favorite parts of ranking prospects. Obviously we will have opinions and be excited about the top prospects, but I really like getting in the weeds on guys like Ralph, Fischer, Susuyev, etc. They don't quite have the draft stock and name of guys like Dvorsky, Lindstein, Stenberg, Bolduc, and Snuggerud, but it's exciting to think of the potential of some of these players. If Fischer and Ralph can hit their potential, they will anchor the 2nd pair for many, many years. If Jiricek can get past injuries and refine his game, he could be a #1. If Susuyev comes over and dials in a moderaly ok two-way game and expands on his offense, he could likely be a 2nd line winger with dynamic offense. I've only named a few, but I personally like to imagine the potential and layout of the team with these guys hitting their potential (though many won't hit it). Makes things exciting when they'd be otherwise inconsequential.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Top 10 points/per game wise among defensemen in the OHL this and last year. Of all the high skilled players with points around or more than Buchinger had last season he was a -8 and the Closest to him was a -13 up to -17 on Guelph
It cut off part of my statement and I corrected it when I could. I meant he was one of the best prospects they had.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
Just wondering: How would you rate Susuyev vs Vorobyov vs Korotky?
Vorobyov is 3 years older than the other guys, so I think it is not exactly correct to compare him to them. Last season he had some really good moments on the KHL level and since it has been just his debut season there I have hopes that things are trending the right way for him.

As for Susuyev vs. Korotkiy, Susuyev definitely has the upside - right kind of tools in skating, skill and athleticism, but the toolbox isn't there yet. Contrary Korotkiy plays at least seemingly rather responsible and mature game, but there is a notable question mark about the skating and therefore the upside.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Vorobyov is 3 years older than the other guys, so I think it is not exactly correct to compare him to them. Last season he had some really good moments on the KHL level and since it has been just his debut season there I have hopes that things are trending the right way for him.

As for Susuyev vs. Korotkiy, Susuyev definitely has the upside - right kind of tools in skating, skill and athleticism, but the toolbox isn't there yet. Contrary Korotkiy plays at least seemingly rather responsible and mature game, but there is a notable question mark about the skating and therefore the upside.
Thank you for participating in our prospect polls and sharing your insights on Russian players with us. Hope your health issues are in the past and things are better moving forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad