Who is the Blues’ #10 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
The ratio skews things but doesn’t it look worse for forwards? If there are more forward spots open, then they should hit at higher rates, not lower, should they not?
I think there are not enough NHL-talented people in the world who want to play hockey. They go on to do other things.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Been voting for Burns for a couple of rounds. Think he takes a step ahead this year and becomes a legit future option
He’s not my pick here but I do like him. He plays solid D, is mean and has good outlets.

I wouldn’t say he has a great shot of making Canada’s WJC team but I think his chances are better than many would think.

This is his last year of Jrs so I’m hoping to see him really take a step up this season.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Interesting discussion on goalies. A discussion that happens during these polls pretty much every summer.

Personally, I just merge them right in among the forwards and d-men. Which player do I think has the highest potential? Which player is most likely to make it? Which player would I least want to trade away?

Agree that goalies are a little riskier and a bit more of a crapshoot but I ask the same questions in terms of determining how I should value them compared to the other prospects. I simply factor that risk in, which generally drops them a couple spots. But doesn’t drop them like 10 spots or to where I just pretend they don’t exist and don’t rank them at all.

Most forward and D prospects in this range of the rankings don’t end up making it either. How’s Sonne, Palushaj, Kana, Junland, Hjalmarsson, Ponich, Wannstrom, Vannelli, Letunov, Musil etc doing?

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Interesting discussion on goalies. A discussion that happens during these polls pretty much every summer.

Personally, I just merge them right in among the forwards and d-men. Which player do I think has the highest potential? Which player is most likely to make it? Which player would I least want to trade away?

Agree that goalies are a little riskier and a bit more of a crapshoot but I ask the same questions in terms of determining how I should value them compared to the other prospects. I simply factor that risk in, which generally drops them a couple spots. But doesn’t drop them like 10 spots or to where I just pretend they don’t exist and don’t rank them at all.

Most forward and D prospects in this range of the rankings don’t end up making it either. How’s Sonne, Palushaj, Kana, Junland, Hjalmarsson, Ponich, Wannstrom, Vannelli, Letunov, Musil etc doing?
Michal Birner is gonna bust out at moment now.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m going for upside here. Went with Lukas Fischer. I have a good feeling about this kid.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
What caused Jecho to fall so far in the draft?

He was projected by some analysts to be mid-1st to mid-2nd material.

Reactions: Mike Liut

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006

I will never forget the moment, imo, that ended Junland's NHL career.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I will never forget the moment, imo, that ended Junland's NHL career.
I can’t recall another prospect ever turning down a guaranteed one-way contract to take less money to sign in Europe. He was guaranteed NHL money but not guaranteed an NHL roster spot.

He must’ve really REALLY disliked Peoria, IL as he wasn’t willing to risk having to go back there. :laugh:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I voted Fischer and was disappointed to see he wasn't winning, but then I saw it was Zherenko that was winning and honestly that's probably right. We have two very solid goalies at the NHL level, so goalie is less important but it's hard to look at Zherenko's development and say he's not a top 10 prospect for us right now.

Reactions: Tube Skates

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I can’t recall another prospect ever turning down a guaranteed one-way contract to take less money to sign in Europe. He was guaranteed NHL money but not guaranteed an NHL roster spot.

He must’ve really REALLY disliked Peoria, IL as he wasn’t willing to risk having to go back there. :laugh:
LOL

I went to a couple Rivermen-Wolves games back in the day, but what stood out to me was his first game with the Blues when he got totally smashed against the boards. That was the end for him. Some guys don't have the stomach.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
What caused Jecho to fall so far in the draft?

He was projected by some analysts to be mid-1st to mid-2nd material.
If you didn’t read his measurements, you’d wonder why anyone would talk about him.

He has a nice frame but needs so much work on his ability to move and processing the speed of the game. I think he can make it as a bottom-6 player if he can become stronger on his skates or better understand positioning to compensate. But I think there was a good reason he fell. Between him and Kos, it’s Kos 11/10 times.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Why is Lukas Fischer getting so many more votes over the other remaining defenders? I am not particularly familiar with his game.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I’m surpris
Why is Lukas Fischer getting so many more votes over the other remaining defenders? I am not particularly familiar with his game.
I’m in a same situation, but not because I don’t see something in Fischer.

I think he has solid potential based on his separation ability. He can clear himself from attacking players rather easily with his stride and lateral movement. He can handle the puck fairly well at speed and he has a good head on his shoulders. He’s just raw. He’s more raw than what I saw in Ralph to be honest. It’s not surprising given his situation and age. I think 10 is too high right now but the growth potential is there.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Highest potential upside from all defenseman still available. It feels like his game could also translate very well to the NHL. His floor seems to be a 3rd pairing defensive D-men, but if he's able to work out some warts he could be a 2-way 2nd pairing defenseman. He was also one of the younger eligible draftees, so he has a bit of a longer runway.

Why not choose Buchinger or Ralph? Buch is good at a lot of things but elite at nothing. It's also questionable if his skillset translates to the NHL. It wouldn't surprise me if he eventually became an NHL regular, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he'd end up as a AHL-regular.
Ralph was drafted out of High School making it hard to compare him to other defensemen. Bigger chance to bust, although he quite as well could be the next Scott Morrow (same school).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad