2024-25 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He's right. Though admittedly, City have enough money to put another roster out and not have issues.

I get the financials of getting more matches on tv. But protecting the players so they're at their best and around for the biggest matches at the highest level should be the priority.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's right. Though admittedly, City have enough money to put another roster out and not have issues.

I get the financials of getting more matches on tv. But protecting the players so they're at their best and around for the biggest matches at the highest level should be the priority.
What are they Chelsea?

Players keep bitching about this, no one will listen until they refuse to play.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
What are they Chelsea?

Players keep bitching about this, no one will listen until they refuse to play.

Not to that extent, but they certainly could run a Cup team without much problem if they wanted.

They're not going to change it unless the players unionize and push back, along with fan support. But I don't think it's likely.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's too many international breaks when you're talking about useless shit like the Nations League. International breaks for qualifiers and friendlies are (rightfully) unavoidable. International football matters more than club football to a whole bunch of players and these games have to be played at some point. It's not like we don't have a bunch of useless crap in club football as well.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I would support removing friendlies as well, to be perfectly frank.

Get rid of useless crap at club level, get rid of useless crap at NT level.

I think friendlies are important on a global/spirit of the game level so I don't mind them albeit maybe keep them only for summers or something like that. But I generally agree with the entirety of your point.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Reports of a rift between Boehly and Eghbali’s investment banking side.

Funny considering how many posters & people still thought Boehly was frequently involved. Although it’s funny that he did try and help (allegedly) get Osimhen over the line!

But yeah, Boehly’s been on the sidelines for a while. If I had to pick, I’d rather not go with the investment banking side of things and more so with Boehly… but no one has been privy to the inner workings other than when Ornstein occasionally divulges.

No one from the Eghbali side has talked. Ever. None of his sporting directors.

It was Boehly as the face early and then he really quickly went to the back.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Reports of a rift between Boehly and Eghbali’s investment banking side.

Funny considering how many posters & people still thought Boehly was frequently involved. Although it’s funny that he did try and help (allegedly) get Osimhen over the line!

But yeah, Boehly’s been on the sidelines for a while. If I had to pick, I’d rather not go with the investment banking side of things and more so with Boehly… but no one has been privy to the inner workings other than when Ornstein occasionally divulges.

No one from the Eghbali side has talked. Ever. None of his sporting directors.

It was Boehly as the face early and then he really quickly went to the back.
My take, if Eghbali and Clearlake get full control, it'll be even more of a disaster. If some reports are true, Boehly saw the benefit in stability, Eghbali couldn't care less about it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bernardo Silva is right, but he doesn't need to play in those friendlies or National League. There are way too many international breaks, but top level players should be given passes. Those matches should be for the reserve players and ones knocking on the first team for Euros and WC. Silva shouldn't lose his spot due to not wanting to play a weekend worth of games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Being totally insanely anal about posts about the Nations League going in a designated thread rather than the NT discussion thread (where, to my recollection, convos about non-qualifiers have always gone), and then proceeding to post a video from a testimonial in the EPL thread?

Definitely a choice!

Especially someone who’s spamming in the transfer thread leads some of us to put them on our ignore list when the window is open and so unable to see the Nation’s League thread…

Bernardo Silva is right, but he doesn't need to play in those friendlies or National League. There are way too many international breaks, but top level players should be given passes. Those matches should be for the reserve players and ones knocking on the first team for Euros and WC. Silva shouldn't lose his spot due to not wanting to play a weekend worth of games.

NT’s already don’t get enough time with their best players to develop chemistry. UEFA needs to stop letting clubs abuse their players in non-domestic competitions. Those should be for a club’s “cup team” & reserves. The NT shouldn’t have to lose chemistry with Havertz & Füllkrug just because their employers are greedy whores.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Cliff notes is that the ownership group is on fire, they never truly get along, it's been a partnership of convenience due to how quickly the bid had to come together following sanctions against Abramovich. It's now backfiring. Boehly comes across as the more level-headed/stability guy (despite his early idiocy) whereas Eghbali and his sporting directors de facto control the club and are insanely trigger-happy. Boehly doesn't veto anything because 'he wants to pick his battles'. He's gotten overruled on everything, including Pochettino albeit it seems he may have talked out of both sides of his mouth a bit to ownership and to the media.

Reading between the lines and where the majority of the money is coming from, it seems unlikely that Boehly ends up buying out Eghbali and his guys IMO.

Clearlake’s stance is that the future holds only two possible options: a continuation of the status quo or a buyout that would see it take full control of Chelsea. A person familiar with the firm’s thinking insists that it has no need or desire to sell its majority stake and already has the funds to relieve Boehly and his fellow investors, Mark Walter and Hansjorg Wyss, of their shares if they are unwilling to continue with the existing arrangement.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad