GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Giving away a 2nd for cap space we wont use would not a good look.
Absolute trash. I wanted us to use our 2nd to move up and take a premium defenseman in the 2nd this year like Badinka or Elick, and not only do we reach (IMO) for Ralph, but we use that premium pick in a better draft than this year to move a contract we can easily afford to pay out. AND miss out on a reasonably-priced trade of Sergachev.

There damn well better be a huge move on defense in the near-future.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Unless Army does something great with the cap space this makes no sense. We aren't good and spending a 2nd when we already have a lot of cap space just baffles me.

Reactions: mk80

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Could be worse, we could be trying to trade for Trouba :laugh:
1719679845986.jpeg

Reactions: RORbacon

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
For the '25 draft the Blues have already traded away their 2nd rounder (Hayes), their 4th rounder (Texier) and their 7th rounder (Vrana).

Down to a first, third, fifth and sixth.
A couple of more deals and we can give the scouting department the whole year off. Maybe trade a 1st and third to punt Krug, and acquire some scrub like Codi Ceci for the 5th and 6th and Stillman can save some money on amateur scouting and just fire the whole department and replace them in 22 months.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Well Hayes cost a 2nd. I don't even want to know what Krug will cost to move.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. We traded a second without any retention because Hayes is slow as molasses and was for the most part garbage for us. Not ideal but Army essentially admitted a mistake here. Krug would take a 1st plus to get rid of unless he has some voodoo magic.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00