GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I’m originally from Medicine Hat and once a Tigers season ticket holder. I don’t live there anymore but still follow the team from afar.

Mrsic, he kinda like Kyrou in some ways.
I would agree with that until the regular season ended. He just became a forechecking missile and turned it up a notch. He really went after it compared to the regular season. I didn't follow him after watching many Medicine hat games (Basha and Lindstrom and of course "the kid"). Pretty meh.... He stood out for his play in the playoffs though. His stat line doesn't show it.

LetsGoBooze

Let the re-tool breathe
Jan 16, 2012
Love the emphasis on big, mobile defensemen throughout this draft. Thats definitely the way the NHL is headed, and what our pipeline was severely lacking. Still think we need a true #1 Dman, a PP QB Dman, and one more truly elite Fwd prospect to set ourselves up for the best future. Hopefully next year we chose top-10 and can fill one of those needs. Also, hoping we acquire an additional 1st in season, so it wont make the Hayes trade hurt so much still having two 1sts next year.

Reactions: ArenaRat

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Literally if you just hit on 4 of the 15 defenseman you've drafted these past 5 years then you're fine.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Ow wow, completely missed Gidlof was still on the board till the Islanders picked him.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I really wonder if Army says f**k missing the playoffs again, and signs one of Stamkos/Duchene/Lindholm to be our 2C until Dvorsky is ready for that role in a few years.

Moving out a 2nd for a cap dump doesn’t make sense unless a bigger deal is coming.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I really wonder if Army says f**k missing the playoffs again, and signs one of Stamkos/Duchene/Lindholm to be our 2C until Dvorsky is ready for that role in a few years.

Moving out a 2nd for a cap dump doesn’t make sense unless a bigger deal is coming.

I doubt anybody wants to come here on a rebuilding team right now.

Reactions: Ranksu and tfriede2

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Looking at the draft, not the trades or what we could or should have done to move up, but the players we picked and how they impact our system, this has been an intriguing draft.
  • We have added 4 big defensemen, 3 of which I think will clearly be in our top 5 d prospects (I am big Lindstein fan, so I rank the guys we took this weekend 2, 3, and 4 in some order). The guys we took in the 2nd are of Edmundson/Mikkola type, which we obviously could use if they are on good side of that. McIsaac is similar guy, albeit likely not as good.
  • The forwards we got in 3rd are big guys who can skate who look to be potential middle 6 guys if they hit but could be nice bottom 6 guys that you want in the playoffs even if they partially hit.
  • Mrsic is big swing on talent with uneven game but in 4th round not much downside.
Point being, that we are drafting for an identity and to get back to the type of team that we had when we were really good not long ago, the kinds of guys that playoff teams are built around. Now, these kids are years away from being impact NHL players, if ever, but after we got on wrong track with krug and peru and vrana, we are trending back towards the vision of the club that I think most of us would love to see. But we will need some of our kids to really hit their ceiling if we are going to be legit contender and not end up as Jets or Kings.

Last edited:

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Sharks didn't want him, Flames didn't want him. Even his own country doesn't want him.

--

Utah looking good with Sergachev and Marino.
Assuming Sergachev is healthy; they look better.
Don't know if I'd go so far as to say "good", but certainly much better.

Sergachev-Durzi
Valimaki-Marino

At least those are legit NHL players.

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Update:

Interesting players still on the board for round 7:
- Daniil Ustinkov
- Daniel Nieminen
- Christian Humphreys
- Jakub Fibigr