GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I have said it before...you cannot go with 2 shrimps as 1C and 2C ...The bigger morevphysical teams will swat them off the puck too easily ..Bedard is Generational ...Nazar is not...Nazar could be 2C on a team with a big strong 1C or 2way 1C who is very good...butcalas we have a small albeit Generdational 1C ...this either Nazar plays wing or he is a 3C with big wingers.

I just have no faith with 2 very smalk centers as the top 2 centers any team. team.
Absolutely.....which begs the question, does the team have a big body center anywhere in the org capable of playing top-6? If not, it needs to be a priority at the draft.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Its not going to matter when we move Bedard to right wing on McDavids line.

More seriously they do have a chance at ending up with Frondell McQueen Misa or Ryabkin to be the #2 center and shift Nazar or Bedard to wing.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I have said it before...you cannot go with 2 shrimps as 1C and 2C ...The bigger morevphysical teams will swat them off the puck too easily ..Bedard is Generational ...Nazar is not...Nazar could be 2C on a team with a big strong 1C or 2way 1C who is very good...butcalas we have a small albeit Generdational 1C ...this either Nazar plays wing or he is a 3C with big wingers.

I just have no faith with 2 very smalk centers as the top 2 centers any team. team.
Absolutely.....which begs the question, does the team have a big body center anywhere in the org capable of playing top-6? If not, it needs to be a priority at the draft.
two very intelligent young men agreeing with eachother.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't love the idea of Frank Nazar starting the season in Chicago as the 2C. But I'd rather have him there than Kurashev. It's amazing how a gaping hole at 2C feels so familiar...
They have gaping holes everywhere

Seems as though they have their minds made up about KK and Nazar playing in the A, and it's up to those 2 to change their minds and make it impossible to send them down.

Reactions: Muffinalt

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kurashev kinda sucks. Athanasiou is incredibly gifted. Saying he's fast and that's it is nonsense. He's got incredible hands and an absolute rocket of a shot.

He's just really, really stupid. Like negative hockey iq. I hate these lines but you play the vets day one because they're vets.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Like we have sixteen wingers competing for nine or ten spots. We have two and a half centers competing for four or five spots and there's a chance one doesn't make the roster.

It's gonna be rough sledding.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I don't see it. Guy mooched off Bedard to put some points up and when Bedard went out he disappeared.

He just screams like the kind of guy who will find a way to put up points on bad teams but has no role on a good team. He's a Swiss Strome.
Kurashev is a guy that should have been signed for 5 or 6 years at maybe a touch more than he got for his 2 year deal. If he does anything remotely close to last season, he'll be demanding 5-6 million per next Summer as an RFA with arbitration rights. If he does produce similar to last year, I would be trying to move him at the TDL cause he is not a guy I want to commit to financially at the level you will have to. Even if he sucks away from Bedard and is a 30-40Pt player, he'll still demand 4-5 and probably get it from an arbitratior.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kurashev is a guy that should have been signed for 5 or 6 years at maybe a touch more than he got for his 2 year deal. If he does anything remotely close to last season, he'll be demanding 5-6 million per next Summer as an RFA with arbitration rights. If he does produce similar to last year, I would be trying to move him at the TDL cause he is not a guy I want to commit to financially at the level you will have to. Even if he sucks away from Bedard and is a 30-40Pt player, he'll still demand 4-5 and probably get it from an arbitratior.
Paying Kurashev what the market says he's worth would be a major mistake. You take the first at the deadline for a cheap Swiss army knife.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I did actually know that, I just think you do that with someone who can contribute across the board more...AA is useless, they should try to sell him to a team if he pots a few goals in a row this year. He is going to just block the way of youngters or someone who is slightly more useful like Donato.
AA was coming off of a 20 goal season when he signed. He was ass last year but that wasn't totally the case in his first year with the Blackhawks. His contract expires this summer so I'm not sure which youngsters he would be blocking long term. In the short term, guys will get injured and Nazar etc will get the call up as needed.

Is it frustrating having a roster littered with mediocre players? Of course, but it's the nature of rebuilding and AA's contract is pretty much meaningless beyond filling out a bottom five roster at this point.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kurashev kinda sucks. Athanasiou is incredibly gifted. Saying he's fast and that's it is nonsense. He's got incredible hands and an absolute rocket of a shot.

He's just really, really stupid. Like negative hockey iq. I hate these lines but you play the vets day one because they're vets.
I have never seen AA have any kind of hands whatsoever. At least for shooting, otherwise I feel like he’d pull a McDavid once in a while which I’ve never seen him do.

As for moving an established winger to center, I will simply leave this.

IMG_0098.jpeg

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024

I'd love to see him produce like he did last year.... so long he's moved at the TDL.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
we've talked about this before. this is true, but he doesn't have the brains to use it. in practice he ends up just being a really fast player who will show flashes of brilliance on the way to missing an open net.
Oh he's an absolute unicorn. He's only effective in transition. Prime Mario and Jagr he scores 55 points. Entwistle and Johnson he scores 35. He's a fourth line winger that scores a lot. Every eighth game he pulls some McDavid shit off the rush. Give him the puck at a standstill on the halfwall? He's Tyler Johnson. Seriously stupid player. He's got elite hands and an unreal shot though.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Like I can't imagine watching Athanasiou play hockey regularly and not seeing the insane talent. Ridiculous physical tools. Zero hockey iq. He's the stupidest fastest Patrick Kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad