GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
because he's a good top six winger.

give the hallster a chance, brother.
TT and Bedard will be together on the PP. Other than that, nothing is guaranteed and here's hoping Hall comes back strong - on paper he and 98 are a good match to play together. Bertuzzi, on the other hand, must be better and more consistent then he was in TO.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Pretty sure was drafted as centre. I feel he's better suited there than wing. Smart, skilled passer,

I don't see it. Guy mooched off Bedard to put some points up and when Bedard went out he disappeared.

He just screams like the kind of guy who will find a way to put up points on bad teams but has no role on a good team. He's a Swiss Strome.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
will be interesting to see the line combos

personally I don't see why the hawks gave AA the contract they did. very little value IMO.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
will be interesting to see the line combos

personally I don't see why the hawks gave AA the contract they did. very little value IMO.
They needed to reach the cap floor last year, flat out needed non-AHLers to fill out the roster, and had no need to worry about bad value for the two years that the deal runs. Was a clear overpay to incentivize AA to stick around at just two years of term when he probably could have chased something a little longer if he wanted

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Pretty sure was drafted as centre. I feel he's better suited there than wing. Smart, skilled passer,
He played C and RW leading up to the draft, that said, you could see he was more comfy and dynamic when he played wing. I don't think Kurashev is a C at the NHL level if you want to optimize his talents. I do think that he is a good winger and should be in the top 9 somewhere at this point in time until he gets replaced / surpassed by a youngster. If Hall and Bedard show chemistry right away, Kurashev likely gets a look with them IMO

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I have said it before...you cannot go with 2 shrimps as 1C and 2C ...The bigger morevphysical teams will swat them off the puck too easily ..Bedard is Generational ...Nazar is not...Nazar could be 2C on a team with a big strong 1C or 2way 1C who is very good...butcalas we have a small albeit Generdational 1C ...this either Nazar plays wing or he is a 3C with big wingers.

I just have no faith with 2 very smalk centers as the top 2 centers any team. team.

Reactions: BobbyJet

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
I don't love the idea of Frank Nazar starting the season in Chicago as the 2C. But I'd rather have him there than Kurashev. It's amazing how a gaping hole at 2C feels so familiar...

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I don't love the idea of Frank Nazar starting the season in Chicago as the 2C. But I'd rather have him there than Kurashev. It's amazing how a gaping hole at 2C feels so familiar...
It is a difficult position to get the correct guy. Sakic was actively looking for a 2C for the avs for some time prior to deciding on Casey Mittl...last year. Nazar will be interesting to see how he develops. To me Oliver Moore is the future 2C of the hawks over Nazar IMO...Nazar is a guy who will transition to the wing long before a guy like Moore will...Just my thoughts at this point. Nazar could end up being a super good high end 3C as this club improves and gets deeper and deeper as it matures and draft picks grow

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
They needed to reach the cap floor last year, flat out needed non-AHLers to fill out the roster, and had no need to worry about bad value for the two years that the deal runs. Was a clear overpay to incentivize AA to stick around at just two years of term when he probably could have chased something a little longer if he wanted
I did actually know that, I just think you do that with someone who can contribute across the board more...AA is useless, they should try to sell him to a team if he pots a few goals in a row this year. He is going to just block the way of youngters or someone who is slightly more useful like Donato.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad