GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Really loved what I saw from Allan too. Not sure if there's room but at the very least, he could be packaged for something skilled forward down the line

EDIT: I also really feel that Colton Dach could be a top 6 forward. He's never gonna drive a scoring line but he if he stays healthy, he could be the guy to stand in front of the net and take up space to give the skill players more room to operate. He could also be there to make a big hit or provide a bit of protection. Kind of like a Brouwer, Ladd, Bickell type.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Also nobody has said much about Hayes. He was out there both games and did have a goal. That said, he was barely noticeable

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Really loved what I saw from Allan too. Not sure if there's room but at the very least, he could be packaged for something skilled forward down the line

EDIT: I also really feel that Colton Dach could be a top 6 forward. He's never gonna drive a scoring line but he if he stays healthy, he could be the guy to stand in front of the net and take up space to give the skill players more room to operate. He could also be there to make a big hit or provide a bit of protection. Kind of like a Brouwer, Ladd, Bickell type.
After seeing Spellacy's game, I'm beginning to think he will be what I was hoping Dach would become ...... though I like both players, TBH.

Reactions: scorehawks

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What did you guys think of Rolston? He looked slick in some of the 1st period I saw of the 1st game, and saw he scored in the second game. Thought maybe he could be a late bloomer/sleeper, but only caught 10mins of action total.

And not surprised Allan was looking better than EDM, and that Hayes looks meh, both were rated too high in the prospect list imo.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
What did you guys think of Rolston? He looked slick in some of the 1st period I saw of the 1st game, and saw he scored in the second game. Thought maybe he could be a late bloomer/sleeper, but only caught 10mins of action total.

And not surprised Allan was looking better than EDM, and that Hayes looks meh, both were rated too high in the prospect list imo.

I see a lot of motor with him and maybe he could turn into a decent 4th liner/penalty killer but I don't see much more. I'm not a professional scout but I don't see much hockey sense, skill, or scoring touch with Rolston

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I see a lot of motor with him and maybe he could turn into a decent 4th liner/penalty killer but I don't see much more. I'm not a professional scout but I don't see much hockey sense, skill, or scoring touch with Rolston
I haven't seen Rolston enough to say one way or the other but one would think he would have plenty of hockey sense considering his bloodline.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
IMO

Positives
Spellacy
Nazar
Allen
Ludwinski

Negative
Commesso
Del Mastro
Hayes

Noticed them
Dach
Savoie
Rolston

Last edited:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
IMO

Positives
Spellacy
Nazar
Allen
Ludwinski

Negative
Commesso
Del Mastro
Hayes

Noticed them
Dach
Savoie
Rolston
I put zero emphasis on a pre-preseason game when they had what 1 or 2 practices since the offseason? It's not even worth watching IMO never mind evaluating players. Imagine not playing in 6 months then being tossed out there in two games.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I put zero emphasis on a pre-preseason game when they had what 1 or 2 practices since the offseason? It's not even worth watching IMO never mind evaluating players. Imagine not playing in 6 months then being tossed out there in two games.
🆗

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I must admit I did watch because I am a hockey loser but I really try not to evaluate anyone in these games. As I mentioned. No breaks, no cleaning of ice, first games after what 2 practices after long offseason. I get it we all want to analyze and nitpick but that aint the sample to do so. Nazar has a breakaway in first game and shot it right into goalies chest, Del Mastro had a breakaway to win it and didn't even get a shot off he was so gassed and the snow on the ice, Commesso let a rebound leak through after seeing 35 shots with no timeouts, Spellacy took a bone head penalty on a power play with 2 minutes left in game....real tough to draw assumptions this early on any of those examples.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I must admit I did watch because I am a hockey loser but I really try not to evaluate anyone in these games. As I mentioned. No breaks, no cleaning of ice, first games after what 2 practices after long offseason. I get it we all want to analyze and nitpick but that aint the sample to do so. Nazar has a breakaway in first game and shot it right into goalies chest, Del Mastro had a breakaway to win it and didn't even get a shot off he was so gassed and the snow on the ice, Commesso let a rebound leak through after seeing 35 shots with no timeouts, Spellacy took a bone head penalty on a power play with 2 minutes left in game....real tough to draw assumptions this early on any of those examples.
I listed out positive and negative play from the two games played. No assumptions were drawn.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
GXsZEVsWUAADzMk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad