GDT: 2024 Blackhawks training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Didn’t know Soderblom was playing today

Effort and chances were there. Penalty issues and no ability to bury anything.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Ludwinski's hands are better than i remember, good game from him

Allan has a future in the NHL in my opinion. So smooth and strong

Anyone notice how much Nazar was falling?

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
They did not scrape ice during game. The EDM miss on breakaway in OT was in part due to bad ice and fact at end of long shift.
Don't sleep on Allan. Beefed up over summer.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Nazer, Slaggert, AJ, Savoie up front and EDM and Allan on D. Nothing else to see here.

Pretty much my opinion too. But I'd say I saw much more from Allan than I thought I would as I didn't realize he was that comfortable with the puck and I can confidently say he will be an NHL defenseman - probably not with the Blackhawks though. I loved his presence back there and besides from EDM, the rest of the D did absolutely nothing for me.

Nazar was definitely their best forward but I still would have liked to have seen more from him against prospects. When it comes to guys like Slaggert and Dach, they didn't really impress me but their games are not flashy so I don't know if they're supposed to. Like if you put Tyler Bertuzzi and Pat Maroon out there, would they stand out?

I'm looking forward to seeing more from AJ, Savoie, and Lardis - Lardis needs to get bigger - and the rest is kind of meh. But WTF was Davidson thinking with Misiak in the 2nd round?? Yeeeesh

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Blues could have gotv7-8 goals...Zach Dean hit pistc3 times...unlucky..

Thought Conmesso was awful

Thought Blues better with more good scoring chance...3 Blues looked like actual NHL players.. Dean ,Dvorsky and Buchenburger..

Did not think any Hawks prospects were that great.

Rspecialky not impressed by Nazar...looked shrimps and did not dominate anything.. expected more than 1 goid shift.DelMastro was fine and me 1 goid deep scri gcatrempt..

Soelkacy did not look so speedy that he left guys I the dust..Made a nice shot to score Lardis 1 giidcshotcandca score.

In othercwords HWks sporadic.. notcablotbof sustained o,zone pissession 5x5...More dangerous on the pk than atv5x5 ..do disappointing..co-hesion lacing..did not think Hawks were as together for stringing together attacks as St.Kouis managed.

Sorry to be so critical...but expected better.

In NY case off this do not think NY NHL jobs on Hawks are possiblevfrom this lot this season.

Most disappointed that Nazar dod not stand out to me..Was not that dangerous or consistent a threat...

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was able to watch most of the first period.. In that short time I thought
Ludwinski looked very slick. Spellacy stood out for sure as did Allan. The overall team speed was noticeable. I should be able to catch the full game tonight.

Reactions: Muffinalt

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Ludwinski with a dangerous, but gorgeous SH assist.....nice vision and feed by Franky N to set up Lardis who buried it. It will be interesting to see which cream rises to the top over the next couple of years.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Blues could have gotv7-8 goals...Zach Dean hit pistc3 times...unlucky..

Thought Conmesso was awful

Thought Blues better with more good scoring chance...3 Blues looked like actual NHL players.. Dean ,Dvorsky and Buchenburger..

Did not think any Hawks prospects were that great.

Rspecialky not impressed by Nazar...looked shrimps and did not dominate anything.. expected more than 1 goid shift.DelMastro was fine and me 1 goid deep scri gcatrempt..

Soelkacy did not look so speedy that he left guys I the dust..Made a nice shot to score Lardis 1 giidcshotcandca score.

In othercwords HWks sporadic.. notcablotbof sustained o,zone pissession 5x5...More dangerous on the pk than atv5x5 ..do disappointing..co-hesion lacing..did not think Hawks were as together for stringing together attacks as St.Kouis managed.

Sorry to be so critical...but expected better.

In NY case off this do not think NY NHL jobs on Hawks are possiblevfrom this lot this season.

Most disappointed that Nazar dod not stand out to me..Was not that dangerous or consistent a threat...
Agreed that the Blues top end guys were MUCH more noticeable than ours. Their PP was zipping it around like our guys were pylons. Dvorsky in particular is such a natural offensive threat with the puck on his stick.

Nazar would be our only high end forward prospect there last night. Nice pass on the pp but he was a turnover machine at 5v5 and overall just not very noticeable. He also looks reallyyy small, like smaller than he looked in the NCAA, guess guys are bigger as the level moves up.

Again reinforces that aside from Bedard we really need forward help. I know Moore, Boisvert and Vanacker were missing but St. Louis is missing Snuggerud who easily could've been the best forward at the game today. They shouldn't even be remotely close to us in prospect talent given how high and frequently we've drafted

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Worth remembering that Richardson has a legit man crush on Allan as he almost made the team out of camp last year. We fans like EDM, they like Allan. I don’t mind him at all. He’s just not very tooly or sexy. I don’t know how many of those types we can have with Vlasic already in that kind of role longterm.

I guess we do need some straightforward honest players to complement Korch, Lev, Jones going forward

Reactions: Muffinalt

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Worth remembering that Richardson has a legit man crush on Allan as he almost made the team out of camp last year. We fans like EDM, they like Allan. I don’t mind him at all. He’s just not very tooly or sexy. I don’t know how many of those types we can have with Vlasic already in that kind of role longterm.

I guess we do need some straightforward honest players to complement Korch, Lev, Jones going forward
Allan may make the team before EDM. On merit.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Allan’s an NHLer, it’s pretty clear to me. I think he just has some of the stink of being considered a poor value pick at the time (probably still true) and also being Bowman’s last first round pick

Just as a player though, he’s quite athletic and i think he’s going to be a solid, honest #4-6 for somebody one day even if it’s not us

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Allan may make the team before EDM. On merit.
Allan is playing RD and EDM LD, they aren’t in direct competition of each other.

Anyways I said if Murphy gets hurt Allan probably gets the long term look, and it seems he believes as much as well. He came prepared to force his way onto the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad