GDT: 2024 AL Wild Card Series: (3) Houston Astros vs. (6) Detroit Tigers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOU vs DET

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Okay Houston. You might want to start working the AB from now on.

Valdez has been off since last postseason.
Yeah he sucked last postseason. I was hoping that he'd be more like 2022 postseason Framber but not looking like it so far.

Gonna go to the store. I want a 10-3 score by the time I get back you jerks.... Probably not going to happen against this kid but a man can dream.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Couldn't ask for a better start to this game if you're the Tigers. Skubal with only 15 pitches through 2 innings, their offense scratched some runs across.

Lot of baseball to be played yet but this already might be enough if Skubal can go 6 or 7.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
If we can't get anything here from the heart of our order then we might be screwed.

Is he okay? Why the visit?

I assume that Hinch will let him stay in til the first sign of serious trouble. Kid has been amazing.

Just short. Damn!

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
88 through 6, he's likely done, at worst Houston will get the pen for probably 6-7 outs

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Oh goody. Here comes the trash part of our order. Not expecting much and still expect disappointment. I do like Caratini though.

That looked fair but whatever.

Besides that potential double that was robbed by the Ump , Vest came in and looked great.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Detroit does not even have a named starter tomorrow. Assuming this score holds I like the chances of this being only the 2nd ever wild card series to go 3 games as of now.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Great game by Detriot pitching. Atrocious one by our bats. I do have a good friend that is a Tigers fan and Im happy for him. This series is not done by a long shot but it's always a great feeling winning that 1st playoff game in a long time. I felt the same way back in 2015. Best feeling in the world.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I could see these first 3 games ending in shutouts. Peralta has disgusting #s vs NYM last 3 years, someone may get shutout in BAL/KC and this one 3 outs away

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad