Prospect Info: 2024 80th Overall Ondřej Becher

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'd hope a 20 year old could dominate 16 year olds.

Couldn't we have just waited a couple more days and signed him as a free agent (I honestly don't know).

Just an underwhelming pick in my eyes.
Dude it was his 19 year old season.

He's 2 weeks older than Conor Geekie, 11th overall in 2022, who scored 3 more points in 3 games less.

~2 months older than Kulich, ~6 months older than Danielson, ~8 months older than Honzek.

Very similar profile to Ondrej Palat who was taken in the 7th round as an overager.

This is a fantastic pick imo and exactly the types of guys we should be looking for.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
On a completely unrelated note to the last several posts, I finally utilized the Ignore function. Looking forward to a much more enjoyable board experience!
It was draft time last year I embraced the ignore option. It has brought tranquility to my HFBoards existence.

As far as the pick, I generally don't care if they would pick Al Sobotka after pick #50. Becher is kind of intriguing though. This is a lower pick I'll give attention too.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I just want you to be aware that not every junior scoring phenom ends up an NHL scoring phenom.

Like…very few actually do.

I think you need to watch some videos before you go any further.

The more I watch this kid, the more I like the pick. Overagers are always hard to judge, but he's got decent skating, good puck handling, and an extremely deceptive release on his shots. He shows excellent hockey IQ playing center in the WJC video.

I would be surprised if he doesn't play in GR next season, speaking of which....

Danielson, Kasper, Brandsegg-Nygard, Sandin-Pellikka, Mazur, Buchelnikov, and Lombardi can all score and pass better than Becher

You really don't deserve any success that the Red Wings will have

Just one twitter highlight video has you sold over two top 10 picks... Lmao man why don't you just go cheer for Anaheim or Chicago or Montreal
You'll get a direct comparison next season in GR with Kasper, Mazur, Lombardi, and Danielson. I doubt any of them start the season in Detroit, and I bet this kid outscores all except Danielson.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
People really are never happy. They took a chance on a high skill guy in the 3rd round. Could be a steal. wtf is there to be upset about? What superstars did we pass on in the 3rd lol?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
People really are never happy. They took a chance on a high skill guy in the 3rd round. Could be a steal. wtf is there to be upset about? What superstars did we pass on in the 3rd lol?

For sure, and some of the people who are upset are the same ones saying overage 3rd round pick Mazur should be on the Wings roster this season, lol.

3rd round and later, it's pretty much a crap shoot, and I like this roll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad