Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I think if you had an 18 year old Jake Sanderson try out for the Sens in his draft year he looked like he would of been one of the best top 6 Dman and he belonged - not because he was ready but because we had horrible depth and a were a team with no plan desperate for good news.

Maybe Yak is better than JBD, but that doesn’t mean he’s ready for the NHL full time. It just means our RD depth isn’t that great
Depends on how much better he is. If he is better than replacement level then he should be considered.

I think your base assumption is wrong, that players are better off not playing in the NHL & tuat rushing them will hurt their development.

It depends on the player and the situation.

In my opinion, Yak might be better off playing against bigger faster players. He might benefit from better coaches, trainers and mentors.

If he plays well enough to get 15+ minutes a night it very well could be better for his development to stay up. Dominating lesser competition does not always help development.

We won't have a good enough answer about how he will until he gets some real NHL games. Thankfully we can give him 9 before the team has to decide.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Do what makes him the best version of himself in five years. Hopefully Green and Staios have an idea what that is.
I 100% guarantee that letting him stay and taste some NHL regular season games won't have any negative impact on the best version of himself in 5 years.

Raw chicken may kill you (I guess) but this won't.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Depends on how much better he is. If he is better than replacement level then he should be considered.

I think your base assumption is wrong, that players are better off not playing in the NHL & tuat rushing them will hurt their development.

It depends on the player and the situation.

In my opinion, Yak might be better off playing against bigger faster players. He might benefit from better coaches, trainers and mentors.

If he plays well enough to get 15+ minutes a night it very well could be better for his development to stay up. Dominating lesser competition does not always help development.

We won't have a good enough answer about how he will until he gets some real NHL games. Thankfully we can give him 9 before the team has to decide.
Sens won't keep Yak to play 3rd pairing mins. He probably gets a taste to give him an idea of NHL speed and then send him down. Unless a serious injury occurs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad