Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'm not sure what you mean as Shane Wright literally played in the AHL, as I'm suggesting with Yak could in my post.
Yes he did 2 years ago, Seattle spread out his 8-9 games until the WJC, sent him to WJC then back to junior. Which included a 2 week conditioning stint in the AHL, between opening night and WJC.

I was just saying the 8-9 games doesn’t have to be consecutive games,

He could do every second or third NHL game, AHL conditioning, WJC and 20 games in WHL.

Just saying more options than A or B if he stays up.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Sens have the longest stretch of no playoffs in the league.

We always lose the season in the first 10-20 games.

History shows us we most likely aren't going to make the playoffs.

For that reason I think we should play Yakemchuk this year. Get him 9 games and in a year or two he might actually help us win games in October and November.
Buffalo has the longest # of seasons of not making the playoffs at this time. I think the Senators are in 3rd place on that.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yes he did 2 years ago, Seattle spread out his 8-9 games until the WJC, sent him to WJC then back to junior. Which included a 2 week conditioning stint in the AHL, between opening night and WJC.

I was just saying the 8-9 games doesn’t have to be consecutive games,

He could do every second or third NHL game, AHL conditioning, WJC and 20 games in WHL.

Just saying more options than A or B if he stays up.

Keeping him up like this sounds like Dorion no plan, plan.

Send him back to Junior, he’s had a great camp but he’s not NHL ready yet

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Against really, really, really tough opponents though.

Florida, Montreal, LA, NJ, TB, Colorado, St Louis, NYR and Seattle.

That's an indoctrination by fire.
Montreal isn't a tough opponent.

LA is so-so and the Blues aren't world beaters.

I don't think Yak should start against the Panthers, but they can manage his opponents until they are comfortable.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Montreal isn't a tough opponent.

LA is so-so and the Blues aren't world beaters.

I don't think Yak should start against the Panthers, but they can manage his opponents until they are comfortable.
LA will be tough, so will St.Louis. I didn't feel like omitting Montreal though, so you're right there.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Keeping him up like this sounds like Dorion no plan, plan.

Send him back to Junior, he’s had a great camp but he’s not NHL ready yet
How can you watch him and declare that?

Preseason is very different but he is top scoring D and tied for 5th in scoring overall, while not looking completely lost defensively.

He absolutely deserves to stay for some regular season games and see what he can do. More reps in an NHL practice, with video review, etc will also benefit him.

Lots of time to decide if he goes down to junior or not. It isn’t rushing a guy if he can compete and usually it is the physical side of the game that is too much for rookies, but he is physically capable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad