Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
When this kid fills out, watch out. Has proved that his ceiling is even higher than previously thought, and he is much closer to reaching it than expected.
He already looks huge compared to other NHLers but obviously doesn't quite have his man strength yet.

Despite picking up 2 pts I thought he could have looked better at times. He's very efficient in his movements but I continue to think he really has to work on his skating if he wants to be a superstar in this league.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
its at the point now where its a bad look not to reward him with at least 1 regular season game. Still don't support him being here for the season.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
9 games has to be a foregone conclusion at this point.

he has flat out been the best player in the pre season.
This is the craziest part!

Of course other vets may go through the motions, and of course he isn't actually the best player on the team, but what more could he do to earn a roster spot?

He competes.
He doesn't make many glaring mistakes
He makes offensive plays on the backend we haven't seen since EK.
He is very obviously noticeable in a positive way every game.
His positive plays lead to goals and to W's.

My mind is so torn right now. I can't rationalize keeping him for the year, but I can't imagine sending him down.

If he maintains this level of play into the regular season HTF does he not get regular minutes? I really hope they have him in the lineup tomorrow.

Mind blown. I admit this year I was lax on my prospects, but reading the board you would think he could barely skate and had no IQ.

He is going to be an above average D in the NHL, at minimum. A+ for snagging this guy.

Did he get the most minutes tonight?

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I wouldn't even be mad if we keep Yak up with the Sens for the entire season and if he needs more maturing, send him down to the AHL next season like CHI has done with Korchinski.

The two players that have stood out the most the pre-season are Yakemchuk and Gaudette.

Reactions: The Expert

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
When this kid fills out, watch out. Has proved that his ceiling is even higher than previously thought, and he is much closer to reaching it than expected.
I'll say he's ready now. Many others will say no. Man's just continue racking up points. Nobody is rushing him. If he is NHL ready now, let him play. Sad to say but someone else's job is at stake on the right side. Maybe he returns to junior after all. But he's garnered his 9 games without burning a year in his contract.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
9 games has to be a foregone conclusion at this point.

he has flat out been the best player in the pre season.

I get ya, Yakumchuk has a knack for ending games with a W, but I’d say Ullmark has been our best player. We get outplayed pretty badly and still win, my type of goalie

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Mind blown. I admit this year I was lax on my prospects, but reading the board you would think he could barely skate and had no IQ.
That's why one should not base their opinions on a group of regular guys on a message board who think they know more than the actual scouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad