Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Greens post game is pretty good . He's got that PMA

Would have liked it to not be as close but was a pretty great team effort and saw some solid effort. Fun game

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
imagine he makes the team.

Prob not but hopefully they keep him up for a month or two. Get the odd games in, and let him practice with the pros everyday.

What an exciting player and package.
Hale knows better....

Yakemchuk has alot to work on but it's all coachable teachable development stuff.

What you can't teach is his raw skill, hockey sense and size. If the sens develop him properly he could be an absolute monster.

He was all over the ice mostly good some bad.

Some basic stuff like getting in the way of the forcheck so his d partner has time. Head on a swivel in the d zone etc.

His first step and pivot clearly need to get better but it will once he gets stronger and grows into his body.

Very exciting prospect.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
I was told he can't skate, and a terrible pick. This boards top scouts told me so.

For a guy who can't skate, pretty interesting he just did an end to end goal in ot to win the game.

He is in need of working in his skating mechanics, but he's got an intuitive vision and understanding of the game that's very high level. He's got a very bright future here in Ottawa.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Automatic Bochenski winner?

That was sick. I have only seen that highlight, but did he have a decent game overall?
I think Jenik has that one right now. What a game from him haha 4 points blocked shots was heavy and hard to play against.

But to answer your question he did, he was very noticable, had 5 shots. Jumps the play really well, great offensive hockey IQ. Some mistakes defensively but I think thats to be expected.

Reactions: Icelevel and OD99

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Criticism is equivalent to hatred in the mind of a child.

Are you a child bert? Or do you just act like one online?
I mean you are the one that cant fathom the concept you were potentially wrong. I will let you figure out the rest. I just said to give the player a chance and that he has a long way to go from a development standpoint. Maybe you will consider it now, very raw player there will be ups and downs but you cant teach what he has.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
imagine he makes the team.

Prob not but hopefully they keep him up for a month or two. Get the odd games in, and let him practice with the pros everyday.

What an exciting player and package.

Totally. Detailed NHL coaching is what he needs right now. Play 9 games, not playing every game, then world Jr's., then back to WHL with rights hopefully traded to a contender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad