Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The fact that they had him with Molendyk for most of camp suggests they see (or at least saw) him being on the team and in a fairly prominent role. But I think Parekh is showing he's the better player right now at this level, and if Parekh is in their top 6, and Bonk is in the top 6, does it really make sense to also have Yakemchuk?

I do think he makes the team, but I could see him being a guy who's riding the bench deeper into the tournament because he doesn't really fit a role - not elite enough offensively to play an offensive role against the best competition, and not strong enough defensively to make sense in a defence-first role, either.
Playing him with Molendyk is giving him every opportunity to succeed and to show what he can do at both ends.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It would have been nice to see the game where they were together. The Chadwick-Yakemchuk pairing yesterday didn't work very well, but they also hadn't played together before.
Yah Chadwick played with Bonk on team red. Hard to say if the management group and coaches evaluated these two ahead from the start or wanted to give them the opportunity to grab the reigns giving them pretty nice slotting from the start.
From what I was able to see .. I was not overly impressed with Chadwick. He's a big 19 y/o Anholt the GM of the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Chadwick's team took over the management role from James Boyd. Chadwick got his looks.

Its nice to have a summer tournament and I think they can learn some things about the players being looked at .The first part of the season in the fall will and should play a role in the selection process.

Always interesting with Canada to see who they take and who they don't . The US and Canada should be the top 2 teams either way.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not a particularly impressive performance from Yakemchuk in today's summer showcase game.

Early on he showed a bit of jump and aggressiveness, but then late first he got burned going for a neutral zone pinch that resulted in a goal against, and from that point forward he never looked the same. Not a factor offensively and not someone I was confident in defensively (when he's flat footed, he's really flat footed). By the third period he'd been taken off the 2nd PP unit (Dickinson took his place) and in overtime Canada played three defenceman (Parekh, Dickinos, Mynio) over him.

It's just one game in August, and a disjointed one at that, but not a great showing nonetheless. Hopefully he looked better throughout the camp.
That’s the concern with the pick. At this point in time he may be the worst of all top dmen available to us at the draft (buium,silayev,dickinson,parekh).
He has to work his tail off to improve his weaknesses

Looked ok there.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Should 7th overall look a little better? Maybe. But we banked big time on tools coming together. Much like we did on Logan brown.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Mark Seidel who’s been accurately predicting picks said we were heavily considering Cole Beaudoin but we didn’t expect Yakemchuk to be there. So we were moving down for Beaudoin if anything.

Looks like we had celebrini sennecke iginla yakemchuk and beaudoin in our top 6 or there was another player at 6 and beaudoin was 7 but we knew we could trade back for him

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Mark Seidel who’s been accurately predicting picks said we were heavily considering Cole Beaudoin but we didn’t expect Yakemchuk to be there. So we were moving down for Beaudoin if anything.

I noticed a month+ ago that this and all his other draft tweets were removed, funny looking back now knowing it started an investigation, and that he was literally handed the information on a platter and playing it off as though he was making educated guesses and what he’s heard through the grapevine on them.

His info was 100% accurate, and resulted in the Nevada Gaming Commission and the NHL laying down the boom :laugh:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I noticed a month+ ago that this and all his other draft tweets were removed, funny looking back now knowing it started an investigation, and that he was literally handed the information on a platter and playing it off as though he was making educated guesses and what he’s heard through the grapevine on them.

His info was 100% accurate, and resulted in the Nevada Gaming Commission and the NHL laying down the boom :laugh:
They came down on Seidel? I’m sure it was info that comes from sources throughout the season. Cuz he wasn’t just revealing who the pick was. He was revealing also who it would have been if x,y,z

Reactions: BigRig4

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They came down on Seidel? I’m sure it was info that comes from sources throughout the season. Cuz he wasn’t just revealing who the pick was. He was revealing also who it would have been if x,y,z
Marek gave Seidel the picks, just prior to each pick. Then Seidel posted them making it look like he was smarter than others, and makes him look good for his scouting website. Marek was fired.

Then after investigation he deleted them all.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Marek was being handed the picks by the NHL a few minutes prior to the selections. He was giving that to Seidel who posted them under the guise of what “he was hearing”

Marek was fired from Sportsnet because of it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Marek was being handed the picks by the NHL a few minutes prior to the selections. He was giving that to Seidel who posted them under the guise of what “he was hearing”

Marek was fired from Sportsnet because of it.
Damn i did not know seidel and he were connected.

Who was givin them to marek?

Looks like that based on what?
Seidel and lalimes Martian I believe.

I forget who said that Ottawa would have taken sennecke or iginla if they were available

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If we had Beaudoin 6th, I'm surprised we didn't find a way to move up into the top 20 and take him when he was still there.

Colorado moved the pick for 38+71. Surely, 39th and a 2nd next year could have beat that? Even if you have to go nuts and throw in a 3rd, or even two future 2nds, that would be like trading up to 6, not 25.

Obviously, I understand most people here do not perceive him to be a top 10 talent. But the point is that if the team perceived him to be one, and it only took a different team the 71st pick to move up from almost the same spot as we had to move up from to get him, I am surprised that we weren't more aggressive to try and find a way to get it done.

The networks apparently are given advance notice so they can prep for the broadcast, have the camera on guys about to get picked, setup a montage, ect.

If you watch Sportsnet, this is always obvious. You can sometimes tell who is about to be taken based on how they present it. They conveniently start showing and discussing the guy who is about to be taken.

Personally, I don't like it, but I get why they produce it that way.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I get favouring Yakemchuk but

A. "Another" implies we are filled with small forwards, we really aren't.
B. Game-breaking centres-which Catton has the potential to become-are at least as hard to obtain as top pair RHD, if not harder.
This is one of the easiest teams to play against in hockey. Debrincat was redundant to this team and how it's built. They have made their bed and paid the skill forwards on this team. You can get small skill especially lefties in free agency it's everywhere.

If we had Beaudoin 6th, I'm surprised we didn't find a way to move up into the top 20 and take him when he was still there.

Colorado moved the pick for 38+71. Surely, 39th and a 2nd next year could have beat that? Even if you have to go nuts and throw in a 3rd, or even two future 2nds, that would be like trading up to 6, not 25.

Obviously, I understand most people here do not perceive him to be a top 10 talent. But the point is that if the team perceived him to be one, and it only took a different team the 71st pick to move up from almost the same spot as we had to move up from to get him, I am surprised that we weren't more aggressive to try and find a way to get it done.

If you watch Sportsnet, this is always obvious. You can sometimes tell who is about to be taken based on how they present it. They conveniently start showing and discussing the guy who is about to be taken.

0 chance if this. Your point is a good one they would have found a way to move up even if they had this preposterous draft ranking.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Rights holders get the info, Sportsnet and ESPN (this year) been like that for a long time apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00