Prospect Info: 2024 7th OA : Carter Yakemchuk (RHD)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It appears as if one of the major reasons we're trading him is that it's pretty obvious he doesn't want to be here.
Why doesn't he want to be here is the next question, maybe because with Chabot and Sanderson ahead of him on the left he isn't getting the overtime/opportunity he wants or expected? Or maybe he saw the writing on the wall and realized the org wasn't as big on him after Dorion and DJ got canned?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Why doesn't he want to be here is the next question, maybe because with Chabot and Sanderson ahead of him on the left he isn't getting the overtime/opportunity he wants or expected? Or maybe he saw the writing on the wall and realized the org wasn't as big on him after Dorion and DJ got canned?

There are plenty of rational reasons why he wouldn't want to be a part of this organization.

This pick seems almost like a knee-jerk reaction to what happened with Jakob.

Anyway, we need RD in the organization, he ticks off a lot of boxes so I guess we'll see how he does.

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
There are plenty of rational reasons why he wouldn't want to be a part of this organization.

This pick seems almost like a knee-jerk reaction to what happened with Jakob.

Anyway, we need RD in the organization, he ticks off a lot of boxes so I guess we'll see how he does.

Like I’ve said before, need him or not he’s a RD with some draft pedigree. A good asset to have.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If chychrun was right handed they wouldn't be replacing him. He also has no physical edge. Yak will muck it up.

It’s not really up to us.

We can pretend that he didn’t meet our needs adequately but ultimately he’ll be another on the list of stars that we acquired at considerable cost for a season or two.

Reactions: trentmccleary

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He scored 30 goals as a dman...more than just toughness

Obviously. They didn't just pick Yakemchuk 7th OVR because he roughs it up.

My point is that it's a factor they put a ton of emphasis on - way more than any other team in this league.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It’s not really up to us.

We can pretend that he didn’t meet our needs adequately but ultimately he’ll be another on the list of stars that we acquired at considerable cost for a season or two.
Its not up to the sens which way he shoots? He doesnt fit because the two other d men that are top 4 cant play RD and neither can he thats why they are trading him. If he could play right and had an edge they would not be moving him. Chabot is un tradeable. Sanderson is too good so its him. Dorion is the idiot who traded for a 3rd top 4 LD man.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Yakemchuk is a late birthday though. He just played his 3rd CHL season. Being more defensively responsible should be expected.

Way too much emphasis is placed on birthdates, especially as a mark against older guys. It's an easy data point for people to point to without understanding anything about a player.

Guys develop at different times and at different rates. A guy like Yakemchuk still has a lot of runway ahead of him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I believe when Chychrun was with Phoenix he was on the #1 PP, but while here he is on the 2nd PP. Given he is in his prime & a yr away from another contract. he likely wants to improve his numbers & make a little more money with the next contract. He had a decent yr pt wise even playing on the 2nd PP, but I think he is a competitive guy who thinks he should be playing top pairing & #1 PP. He isn't traded yet so I imagine they will take their time & get what they need in return.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I imagine they will sign Yakemchuk to an ELC asap & I assume they might give Yakemchuk RD the usual 9 games to start the season, but it will be interesting to see him at the Development Camp & Rookie Tournament this summer. BTW has anyone heard when the Development Camp is starting & times?

Boyd said he wasn't surprised how it played out leading up to their pick & it played out similar to what they thought it would.

Yakemchuk is pumped to be an Ottawa Senator.

Last edited:
Reactions: xVolchenkov

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I imagine they will sign Yakemchuk to an ELC asap & I assume they might give Yakemchuk RD the usual 9 games to start the season, but it will be interesting to see him at the Development Camp & Rookie Tournament this summer. BTW has anyone heard when the Development Camp is starting & times?

Boyd said he wasn't surprised how it played out leading up to their pick & it played out similar to what they thought it would.

Yakemchuk is pumped to be an Ottawa Senator.

I highly doubt they are playing him this year he isnt ready. He is going to have a longer development curve.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Having watched many playoffs you need size, meanness and some offense from your D to win. It looks like the Sens are thinking that way. I like the pick.

That's exactly how I feel too. I like the pick based on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad