Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
For a high skill player consistency is the difference between a 1st line player and a 2nd line player. Think Kostitsyn. AK47 had all the skills and size, and when he was on he impacted the game. But he often didn't show up and so he was a 2nd liner. Be inconsistent enough and you are gone. Talent without work results in nothing.

I think Andrei had some ehmmm work ethic problem. Demidov is a better playmaker too and shows a more consistent motor. Personnality wise they're really fart apart. Kostityn had all the tools but wasn't really productive in his draft year. It was a big development project that failed. Demidov is producing at superstar level (even if it's in the MHL). Way less risk involved.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Only thing stopping me from getting a Demidov jersey right now is I don't know what number he'll wear with the Habs.

Here's the thing Gallagher... either give up your number or you can wear it in Laval. Your choice.
That's a useless threat. Gallagher has a NMC, so he's not going to agree to ride the bus in Laval.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I know because I've watched plenty of Demidov and Michkov, love them both, I'll ridicule anyone that tries to make it seems like it's a Patrick Kane to Jonathan Toews situation to explain the worse numbers. Both players are Patrick Kane, and it's more than fine.

We gotta stop trying to roast other players just because were insecure about the decisions made.

The bolded is all we need to read, you have pretty evident bias to call someone you've never met, who's never had public psychological evaluation's and who you flat out just don't know an egomaniac.

You're also assuming Michkov has attitude issues because you've heard that on the internet.

The point is that neither try hard on defense and neither have bad attitude, the character assassination of Michkov is just normal behavior we've seen from fans of teams that try to cope with a decision they can't evaluate as rational. "There must be something more", nah. It's maybe just they misevaluated him and maybe they just preferred someone else.

Because he cannot be loaned to Sochi, I believe. SKA refused to play Michkov because he said he wanted to play in the NHL, I assume they'll do the same with Demidov, but only they have to keep him on the roster or send him down to MHL or VHL.

Ok let me ask you a question. With michkov being as good as he is which I admit. Dude will be an absolute star in the league imo. Why would the Habs management, especially with bobrov not want him? The can't control his development is not a sufficient answer. Bobrov is probably the most well connected person to SKA in the NHL. He knew the program so well that demidov was on their radar for over a year. Even grant mccagg (people are hating on him but for three years in a row he's been on the mark with everything) said that a reason they will and did pass on michkov is because they're much more interested in demidov.

So why would I take your word over Nick bobrov over a player him and his father know well. With all his talent, there had to be a real reason the Habs passed on him. Look at Slaf, Reinbacher, and demidov, what do they all have in common. They are all bright personalities it seems, and according to the habs. HuGo are not only creating a team based on talent, etc but of players that fit into a real team milieu and not just a bunch of divas like in Toronto. It can be assumed that michkov is probably a diva. All reports indicate as much. Also actions speak louder than words so it's not just the reports but the action or lack there of from the Habs and bobrov

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
- Celine knew. “The fans are gonna love this pick. Take your time.” Showmanship.

- that forward group - Suzuki, Demi, Slaf, CC - is gonna have a lot of swagger. I think they’ll play their best when the lights are the brightest.

- how we liking the Demidov / Reinbacher combo now?? I like it a lot better than michov / Buium (12 OA) … that’s for damn sure!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Ok let me ask you a question. With michkov being as good as he is which I admit. Dude will be an absolute starving the league imo. Why would the Habs management, especially with bobrov not want him? The can't control his development is not a sufficient answer. Bobrov is probably the most well connected person to SKA in the NHL. He knew the program so well that demidov was on their radar for over a year. Even grant mccagg (people are hating on him but for three years in a row he's been on the mark with everything) said that a reason they will and did pass on michkov is because they're much more interested in demidov.

So why would I take your word over Nick bobrov over a player him and his father know well. With all his talent, there had to be a real reason the Habs passed on him. Look at Slaf, Reinbacher, and demidov, what do they all have in common. They are all bright personalities it seems, and according to the habs. HuGo are not only creating a team based on talent, etc but of players that fit into a real team milieu and not just a bunch of divas like in Toronto. It can be assumed that michkov is probably a diva. All reports indicate as much. Also actions speak louder than words so it's not just the reports but the action or lack there of from the Habs and bobrov
Grant Mccagg is an idiot. Lol horrible takes and can’t take anyone calling him out on any of them when he’s completely wrong. Him being right on something is the equivalent of throwing a million darts at a dart board and bragging that one or two of them stuck.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Grant Mccagg is an idiot. Lol horrible takes and can’t take anyone calling him out on any of them when he’s completely wrong. Him being right on something is the equivalent of throwing a million darts at a dart board and bragging that one or two of them stuck.

I tend to agree but he was right about Slaf early on. He was right about Reinbacher early on. And he was saying Habs were interested in demidov last summer. And Hughes came out and said as much. You can't say anything against that from mccagg and must give him his flowers for being right all three years

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I tend to agree but he was right about Slaf early on. He was right about Reinbacher early on. And he was saying Habs were interested in demidov last summer. And Hughes came out and said as much. You can't say anything against that from mccagg and must give him his flowers for being right all three years
He was right on Slaf because he doubles down on takes that are controversial and get him clicks. He also said he would take Laine over Matthews. He’s the drunk uncle at a BBQ that says whatever’s on his mind as long as it gets him attention.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
He was right on Slaf because he doubles down on takes that are controversial and get him clicks. He also said he would take Laine over Matthews. He’s the drunk uncle at a BBQ that says whatever’s on his mind as long as it gets him attention.

Again all I'm talking about is the last 3 years of the Habs picks. I'm not talking about him as a totality. In that respect, he's been on the mark so much so it's scary

Reactions: Chr1s97

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Again all I'm talking about is the last 3 years of the Habs picks. I'm not talking about him as a totality. In that respect, he's been on the mark so much so it's scary
I don’t think picking a prospect like Slafkovsky who was on top of Mackenzies prospect list or the Habs moving past somebody like Michkov which most rational fans knew would happen gives a bum like Grant McCagg any credibility. Lol

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I can see why teams were glowing about his interview. Under 2 years learning English and he was a very good interview, he was commanding the questions and room with such quiet confidence. Really personable kid.

I bet the boys like Slaf, Suzuki, Cole and Dach are fired up.
It's amazing how quickly they learn English. My wife came here from Russia when she was 16 years old. Not speaking a word of English. She graduated highschool in two years. While taking additional courses during her summers. She now speaks Russian, English and some French.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
if someone told me four forwards were going top 5 and we still managed to get Demidov I would have laughed at you
Yeah, hard to believe. I thought there’d be two or even three blueliners in the top five.

As predicted, this draft was completely unpredictable.

Reactions: goforit

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I don’t think picking a prospect like Slafkovsky who was on top of Mackenzies prospect list or the Habs moving past somebody like Michkov which most rational fans knew would happen gives a bum like Grant McCagg any credibility. Lol

He was also right with wright at the same time. Like goldenhands on here. And he had Slaf pretty early. Again not trying to gas mccagg up but he also had sennecke at 3 in his mock draft. it's dumb to think mccagg is one of the best scouts but it's also dumb not to realize he's been spot on with the Habs recently

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He was also right with wright at the same time. Like goldenhands on here. And he had Slaf pretty early. Again not trying to gas mccagg up but he also had sennecke at 3 in his mock draft. it's dumb to think mccagg is one of the best scouts but it's also dumb not to realize he's been spot on with the Habs recently
“One of the best scouts” and McCagg don’t belong in the same sentence regardless of context. There’s a reason he sticks to twitter and wouldn’t show his face here. I’ve forgotten more then that guy knows about hockey.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Gotta give McCagg credit, since Bobrov took over he is fairly reliable when he brings something forward concerning the Habs

Reactions: kevistar

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $32,249.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1