Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I can see why teams were glowing about his interview. Under 2 years learning English and he was a very good interview, he was commanding the questions and room with such quiet confidence. Really personable kid.

I bet the boys like Slaf, Suzuki, Cole and Dach are fired up.
And I'm fired up about this group. These guys are not the Three Amigos. Suzuki is a serious , mature guy who gets the responsibility he has. All these guys are young and sure they have fun but they train like crazy to get better and they all want to win and know that means putting the work in. I don't know if people get the culture we have going. And you can add Guhle in there.

So nobody suggest adding any " karacters " to this high character group. We have a great group going and for sure they are stoked with us adding Demidov.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Screenshot_20240629_083706_X.jpg

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
And I'm fired up about this group. These guys are not the Three Amigos. Suzuki is a serious , mature guy who gets the responsibility he has. All these guys are young and sure they have fun but they train like crazy to get better and they all want to win and know that means putting the work in. I don't know if people get the culture we have going. And you can add Guhle in there.

So nobody suggest adding any " karacters " to this high character group. We have a great group going and for sure they are stoked with us adding Demidov.
Totally agree.

Hughes told the media that when speaking to Demidov he felt he was speaking to somebody that could teach him things. He said he reminded him a lot of Slaf, in terms of complete confidence but without arrogance. Hughes also said what impressed the scouts the most is that in every shift Demidov had in the MHL he competed, said often you see high skill guys not compete 100% in lower leagues but that Demidov is not like that.

High talent, high character.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah. Dach is probably the biggest question mark right now. If Hage can make it as a center, that selection could turn out to be a pretty shrewd move.

I wonder what's the plan for defense as well. Are we going to just wait for them to simmer, or we will start to bring in some established guys at some point?

Next season is probably still largely an evaluation phase, with the cap situation and so on, but this management does not strike me as a passive bunch.

Hage has some good potential, but it's going to be a couple years before we know what we have. I think there will be a number of in between years for this group.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Better looking, more marketable

Let's not sell his personality short. It's pretty obvious Montreal has a type they're looking for.

Demidov is a good looking, open guy, who expresses himself well, and comes across as confident but not cocky.

He's learned English, even has a couple of phrases in French, has been really clear about what he wants and his direction (NHL).

He's going to fit in well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's the morning after and I still can't believe this is real.

Any insight as to why he didn’t play more KHL? His skill level is clearly high but I don’t know much about the MHL
SKA was just using dirty tactics because Demidov said he was bolting to NA ASAP. They did the same with Michkov and Khusunutdinov.

Romanoc was also subject to a similar situation when he communicated to his team that he would leave for NA, they reduced his ice time massively.

Deebs

Life is an illusion
Feb 5, 2014
I still can"t believe that Levshunov and even Lindstrom have been drafted before a talent like Demidov
Not sure why. Team needs always factors into play.

Levi looks to be a top notch two way, first pairing defensemen....who wouldn't want that.

Lindy is a monster that can skate like the wind, loves playing physical and scores goals....who wouldn't want that.

All three are fantastic prospects

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
On Marinaros show last night Grant said that SkA needs two players under 20 on the KHL team and that Demidov would likely be one of them.

Anyone else can confirm this?
Given they can’t loan players out in their final year of contact and the necessity of having u20s on the roster we can hope that HuGoBo will enjoy following Demidov playing in the KHL this year

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I have been obssesed with the Habs since I was 7 following Naslund, Smith, Richer, Lemieux and Roy on their way to the cup. After this draft, this is the most exciting group of Habs players I have seen assembled in my lifetime. Well done HuGo, Molson, Lapointe/Bobrov et al.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad