Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
If Stamkos is at $8 million, I don't see that they can afford all those guys. I was thinking they could get him under $7 if they gave him one more year.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Hope PV is active on the trade market, would have no idea who they could target for the top 6 in the remaining group of FA's

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Seems to me that the lack of UFA signings is a California problem and not just Anaheim. At least for the sport of hockey. Taxes, housing, and travel are big obstacles to overcome when trying to convince star players to come to the state. The Golden State is not so golden anymore.

HCOL, high taxes, crime goes unpunished and homeless on every street corner. The Golden Shower State.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This team should be active on free agency but as I said before, trying to fill multiple holes with shorter term players who are still upgrades over the current core. Definitely not time yet to do what Nashville is doing, get to the playoffs first

Reactions: Yemeth and Rooch

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Now I'm wondering what we do to get to the salary floor. Have to start scouring the market for short term big money contracts like trouba.

Reactions: Zegras11

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I dont understand the desire to sign Kase. Only ever played more than 50 games 1 time and that was with us. AAV gotta be low.
On a one year deal paying for 50 above average games is worth a certain amount of money. You just bake it into his projection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad