Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Outside of the massive amount of dopamine, can someone suggest or even write up some scouting report for our new favorite prospect?

I would like to know, if possible,what makes him more appealing in the eyes of our scouts than Mitchkov.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
They drafted two players from Russia that very draft, didn't they?

The 'bias' against Michkov was hockey-related and I've posted here that last summer, by pure chance while on holiday, I met with someone very high-up in the SKA organisation who had the exact same on-ice doubts about Michkov that we've read all around: speed, size, translatability of his game to the NHL and ability to get into the right spots to do what he does as best he does. His own organisation didn't rate his trajectory.

There was no bias in the Habs organization -- thank god -- it's just some paranoid fans who consume too much media who made noise last year and it seems a smaller handful of the same types this year.
I’m a fan of Michkov. I think he can do crazy things. But Demidov does a bunch of things that Michkov gets knocked on. He is great without the puck. He’s an extremely hard worker. His motor is always working. He’s known as a team first guy. He doesn’t shy to fight for pucks along the boards. He’s bigger. You get all that in a hyper-talented skilled forward. That’s amazing. I love this pick

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I th
Lindstrom was the guy I really wanted, but that obviously wasn’t going to happen, so I really can’t be mad at this pick. I liked some of the D, but it’s obviously we badly need offense, so I’m happy.
I think it's kind of the opposite of last year where we wanted one of the big three or four and were locked out.
Chicago did us a solid by drafting Levshunov we were sure to get something real good.
Is Demidov the second best player in the draft I have no idea but we didn't get screwed like last season.

Jamaican Patty

Jul 13, 2023
Great pick!

When he’s ready to come over I would like to see the Habs add a veteran Russian player to help ease his transition to the NHL/NA lifestyle.

Reactions: Maitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad