Prospect Info: [2024 - 5th] Ivan Motherbleeping Demidov (RW), SKA St. Petersburg (MHL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Interview with Martin Lapointe

They traded up specifically in the hopes of landing Michael Hage who they absolutely love

He says they all basically had a collective boner over Demidov and feel he can potentially be the best player of the draft and that he wanted to be a Montreal Canadien.
so stoked, what a great 1st round we had!! Couldn't have gone better

Last edited:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Almost 3 hours later and I'm still in shock. It's gonna be a long year.

Add in Hage and my face hurts from smiling so damn much. :D
I didn’t expect him to be available. I don’t understand teams skipping the consensus number 2. Even factoring the Russian factor. He even comes with the label of “winner” or “big game player”. It’s weird to me.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I didn’t expect him to be available. I don’t understand teams skipping the consensus number 2. Even factoring the Russian factor. He even comes with the label of “winner” or “big game player”. It’s weird to me.
I honestly didn't either. I hoped we'd have a chance to draft him. But I was realistically thinking of the other players who might be available. I actually sat there in shock for a few minutes. It didn't seem real.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I’m a fan of Michkov. I think he can do crazy things. But Demidov does a bunch of things that Michkov gets knocked on. He is great without the puck. He’s an extremely hard worker. His motor is always working. He’s known as a team first guy. He doesn’t shy to fight for pucks along the boards. He’s bigger. You get all that in a hyper-talented skilled forward. That’s amazing. I love this pick
Oh man if he could be a smaller but better skating Radulov, I will lose it

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Interview with Martin Lapointe

They traded up specifically in the hopes of landing Michael Hage who they absolutely love

He says they all basically had a collective boner over Demidov and feel he can potentially be the best player of the draft and that he wanted to be a Montreal Canadien.

Dont think I've ever seen Lapointe this happy. Seems our collective coitus when we saw Demidov available was shared by management.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad